Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Carfax Cheat

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 01:36 PM
Banned
TomSchaeffer is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Carfax Cheat

Hey guys, I bought a vehicle that had front end damage from a collision, which wasn't disclosed by the seller. And he’d shown me a CARFAX report, which also didn't show any accident records — the car was absolutely clean according to it. However, I ran a report on another website, epicvin.com, and it showed that the car was in an accident and then repaired. I don't know why this information wasn't disclosed by CARFAX, but now I'm aware that CARFAX isn’t a service that can be trusted, and I won't use it again.

Old 04-16-2015, 09:15 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, if the truck was repaired at a shop that doesn't report to Carfax (there are a lot that don't) and was not paid through insurance, how do you suppose Carfax would know about it?

Old 04-17-2015, 06:58 AM
Banned

Isn't it the purpose of Carfax to provide a full history?
See for yourself
Epicvin.com provides even photos of my car wrecked terribly
https://www.epicvin.com/en/check-vin...8c798f2120f5d6

While Carfax report is clean

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u9med1oe4o...00252.pdf?dl=0

Old 04-17-2015, 08:19 AM
DesertStorm is on a distinguished road

(from a body shop perspective)

insurance company is the one who reports to carfax. i have never heard of epicvin.com before (currently work for a national body shop, and have worked for dealership before this) judging from the pics it doesnt look as bad as you would think.. all the components in the front have been designed to replaced. with the way everything lines up in the pics, it looks like whoever did the repairs did a good job. i am assuming whoever wrecked it didnt have full coverage insurance and couldnt afford to fix it, so they sent it to auction and it was purchased and fixed. (hence why it wouldnt show on carfax)

Old 04-17-2015, 09:48 AM
Banned

Epicvin is a site my friend recommended me. Do you have an idea, like, where does their information come from?

Old 04-17-2015, 09:53 AM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

Are you mad at carfax for not knowing?
Are you mad at the Blazer for not driving right?
Are you mad at you for not looking under?

Old 04-17-2015, 10:25 AM
BirchyBoy is on a distinguished road

It's pretty interesting that the OP is posting identical data in other forums. Joined another site yesterday, too. Free advertising is better than no advertising.

Old 04-17-2015, 02:06 PM
moosehauler05'blaz is on a distinguished road

It's a dodge ram You have to ram it into things No wonder your on a Blazer forum crying about carfax ..You don't even own a blazer That's your problem right there you need to get a chevy Not only will your IQ go up But you'll also know that Blazer drivers already know your a *** that spams websites

Old 04-17-2015, 02:20 PM
Banned

Anyway, if you ever get a will to try epicvin.com
try it with a prmocode EPCVN4

Old 04-18-2015, 07:58 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

There we go. That's the SPAM I was waiting for.

Adios. You're outta here.