Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

CCW

Old 01-08-2009, 08:42 PM
03blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CCW

Hey, i was wondering if anyone on here has their ccw? What do you carry? i am going to take the class next month.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:20 PM
Byte Stryke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: CCW

Ruger P90
unofficially, of course...

Old 01-08-2009, 10:22 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

wtf? Sounds like a Gun?

Old 01-08-2009, 11:23 PM
Starting Member
blzrls is an unknown quantity at this point

ccw= carry concealed weapon

Old 01-09-2009, 12:30 AM
djdrew010 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would take mine but unfortunately I am not 21 yet, one more year. But when I do get it I'll have my .38 Special! (That I have not received yet due to a grandparent leaving it for me when I turn 21)

Old 01-09-2009, 06:11 AM

just an opinion... but a CCW isnt something you get "just because you can".
Some states CCW courses are a pathetic shadow of what is truly needed. Look into some more firearms safety courses, CQC courses and firearms MAINTENANCE classes.
I would honestly advise people considering CCW to consider all aspects before taking the course and then carrying.

life is not a rap video

Old 01-09-2009, 06:50 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

It is a plan for within the next six months. Battery store around the corner had an attempted robbery where one of the two teens (18 and 19) had an unregistered Tec-9 and hid under the stairs at an early morning hour. I say attempted because one of the kid`s cell phones went off and the store owner was alerted. He acted as if nothing happened, went inside and got his own registered gun, turned around to the teen pointing the Tec-9 and shot. The other teen ran away. Now this is not CCW but to show that crazy crime can happen literally around the corner from my house.

Not sure what I am going to carry yet. Possibly a .40 or maybe a S&W subcompact. We shall see.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:54 AM
DaleA is an unknown quantity at this point

Byte Stryke is very much correct. Carrying a concealed handgun comes with a very big responsibility make sure you get top notch leather to carry it in also. Where I'm from the gun has to be completly conceald. It is a condition of my permit that no one knows I have it that's why they call it concealed carry. Just remember, in our society today, every bullet in your gun WILL have a lawsuit behind it. You better make sure lethal force is absoulutly nesecery because the grand jury may clear you as justified homicide but that's only half. I asure you that you will have your **** sued off in civil court and the way things are today, you will probably lose. So do a bit of soul searching and decide if you are ready for a possible major life changing experience. Even if you are justified are you actually prepared to end a human life? This is not a undertaking to be considerd lightly. There are police officers with the backing of the entire police force who could not cope with the fact of taking a human life. You will have NO ONE to back you up. Get on itunes and look for "firearm" or "gun" related podcasts. Lots of good info there. Don't think your going to be a hero, if I'm in a mall and a gang of whatever starts a problem, I'm out the side entrance and gone. You are not legally responsible to protect anyone as you are not a police officer. If my family is with me then that's a different story. I'm there to the finnish. My responsobility IS to protect them. With this said, yes, I ccw. Glock 23 .40s&w, Smith and Wedgie 637 .38 special, and when I'm in the woods a S&W 629 .44 mag moutain revolver. I don't mean to scare you away but CCW is a very , very big resposibility that if you are forced to use, will change your life.

Old 01-09-2009, 01:05 PM

Something else to consider...
Thanks Dale, you brought allot to light.

OJ, if nothing else, has shown us that you can be aquitted of Murder and still be found liable in a wrongful death suit.

and again, I implore anyone considering a CCW to talk it over with Family, an attorney, and perhaps even some law enforcement.

Old 01-09-2009, 01:20 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Two quotes that I like:
'Better to have a gun and never need it, than to need it and not have it.'
'You may go your entire life and never need a gun, but if the occasiondoes happenyou will need it very, very badly.'
That said, as others have stated, getting and using a carry permit is not to be done lightly or just because you can. Keep in mind that it also lets the State know that you have a gun. Think about it.

Search this Thread