Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

checkin in...still around!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 08:47 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future
Default checkin in...still around!

Yup, I'm still here and the Blazer is still running like a champ! Well, with the exception of the rattling cat again, but other than that no issues! Alot of things have been happening in my life lately, alot of good things!! Finally some good things, after all the bad things that happened to me. I won't go into too many details, but as many of you know about my hobby, well the person I was paying to make my characters into costumes, well what I was sent was unwearable, it didn't fit, it started to fall apart, it was just bad. But that started to all turn around for me in the last two months and when I went to Pittsburgh for my convention in June, things really got good! I got my new fursuit!! Made professionally, granted it cost me 700$ so far and the rest is on order for another 800$ but it's well worth it But anywho, pretty soon I need to order some new led turn signals and wire up some new power resistors as the ones they give you are crap. And also planning on building a sub box, nothing too big but just two small 10's and maybe a 350-500 watt amp just to get some thump. The 6 1/2's just aren't cutting it for me lol. But here's a few pics and stuff like I normally do of me and stuff from my convention Enjoy lol!

Name:  97d62cc7.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  90.3 KB

Name:  d4279bc8.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  77.7 KB

and for the select few that have me added on facebook, you've seen this already lol. But these are the two costumes I paid for. I took delivery of both of these at the convention. The left one was mailed and the right one hand delivered. The left one is the "bad" one and the right one is the "good" professionally made one.

Name:  fe57cccc.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  64.1 KB

Also in a couple of months i will be at my local convention where I am going to be entering my Blazer into a small car show I will def take plenty of pictures!

Hope everyone is doing well in the Blazer world!

Last edited by davtak; 08-01-2012 at 09:24 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:54 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

The right one definetly looks a lot better. Glad to see you still have the blazer.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:24 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Glad to hear things are going well for you and those costumes look awesome.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:50 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

I'll have to get a pic of the blazer next chance i get after I clean her up a little bit :P

And thank goodness the one on the left only cost me 30$ lol. The one on the right was $500.

The top picture is me with Tani DaReal who is a costumer and artist from Germany.

The bottom picture is me drinking with my friends at Tonic, a bar across the street from the hotel. In the middle is Circuit, and across from me is Ayla. Also with me that night were Spazzoid, VPower, GearPaw, and Subastian (all character names obviously)

Old 08-02-2012, 06:40 PM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

Looking good my furry friend! Glad things are looking up! (great design by the way]

Old 08-02-2012, 08:24 PM

Thanks Paddle I designed it, and a friend of mine created it, and it came out awesome! I will have the rest of the body in a few months. I should show off the designs of my two characters I made.

This is my first design, this is Blade.

And then this is the one in the pictures I have now. This is Stattik.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:22 PM
BF Veteran

Nice! I like it. Too bad you didn't live closer....I'd be able to whip up just about anything you designed.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:46 PM

If you can make these things Paddle, they sell from 500-3000$ the better they are. There is a few companies I know of that sell over 2500K$, Don't Hug Cacti, One Fur All, and JillCostumes. They are pretty much the cream of the crop. The one I have is costing me about 1500$ when all is said and done.

Don't Hug Cacti

One Fur All

Then there's a good number between 1000$ and 2000$, Mango Island is one of the popular companies. So yeah, if you can create something like this, there is a huge market out there. And it's only getting bigger. The convention I went to in Pittsburgh, this year was my second year. Last year we had 825 people dressed up in costume. This year there was 1044 people dressed up. The number has gone up every year since they first started this convention back in the late 90's which I think the number was about 50.

Old 08-12-2012, 11:53 AM
BF Veteran

hmmm.......interesting.....might consider it a side job for when I'm not busy raking in the dough as a RN!! I recently learned how to weld, so that's my new found joy for the moment. I'm always looking around for stray things made of metal. It usually goes like this..."Hey, do you need this?" (to the hubby). Him..."no." Me..."What kind of metal is it?" Followed up by, "can I weld it?!" If only we had a plasma cutter in the garage!!