Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

CHL License Pit Bull Attack, What would you do Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 08:15 AM
Banned
bagged02 is on a distinguished road
Default CHL License Pit Bull Attack, What would you do Question

Last year I was walking my 4 month old shepard in my neighborhood and was attacked by a pit bull. My shephard was too young to understand to fight back so I took action and used my 315 lbs to my advantage and shoved his head in the ground and stayed on him until help could arrive making sure he had just enough air in his lungs to not pass out. Since this happened I have been carrying a pocket knife, Mace and a holstered BBgun.

Question: What would you guys do in my shoes now that my CHL is in the Mail and I will now begin to carry my keltec? I have been so cautious since that incident. It will truly change your view on "no worries when I walk my dog" view. I know shooting the dog would be a last resort but I wanted to get you guys opinions. If you did indeed as a last resort have to shoot the attacking dog to protect youself or your dog would you contact the police afterwards to report the incident or not? Im thinking yes but again want your opinion. This is something that could happen today or tomorrow as I walk my dogs about 2 times a day.

I have a EuroPean Great Dane(Mantle Merle 14 Months old) and

a German Shephard (blk/tan) 11 months old.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:09 AM
Banned

ive noticed not many people on this site are very active compared to other forums. I hate to leave but damn.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:43 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

we are around,but its Thursday at 11am. some of us are busy or working. give it time.

Anyways,if it was me and i had my chl and a dog tried to attack me,i dont care what kind it is im going to defend myself and take him out if it means killing it. Dont get me wrong i love animals but If i dont take down something that wants to attack me out of the bloom then it might get ahold of a child or something if i dont do anything about it.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:57 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bagged02
ive noticed not many people on this site are very active compared to other forums. I hate to leave but damn.
Originally Posted by BlazerForum Rules
Double posting is not allowed and can result in the deletion of one or both posts. Double posting is defined as posting the same information in two or more separate forums. We understand that some topics might fit into more than one forum. Please try to pick the best one. In addition, please do not post in the same thread back to back (another version of double posting), if you have something more to add and another member has yet to respond, please edit your post. If, after waiting at least 24 hours, someone has not responded, you may "bump" your thread back to the top. In doing so, it is probably best to leave out any sarcasm or witty remarks. After all, you are the one requesting help... Best to do so in a polite manner.
It's best to follow forum rules if you want a reply, especially since it's not Blazer related.

Also, no one's keeping you here.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:15 AM
50lb_cat will become famous soon enough

Don't know the laws where you are but your gun should always be your last resort. And anytime you unholster the weapon you should plan on calling the police. Victims call the police, bad guys don't and if you unholstered your weapon you had better be a (near) victim or you will probably be going to jail. You don't want to appear to be a vigilante.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:15 AM
Banned

wow, another one bites the dust. No wonder you have a poor member retention and low activity on the board. you have bitches like you. Im a physician by the way. Not a punk tennager. Bye

oh and your admin. no wonder. Geez. also the board is slow as hell. Ive been on forums for over 15 years btw/ I posted 2 technicall questions yesterday and no replies and 2 views. It will not survive. Keep that admin title as long as you can because its good for that ego of your douchbag

Old 05-24-2012, 11:20 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

1. I hope you are a lot more patient about using a gun than you are about waiting for a reply on an internet forum.

2. I don't know where you live, but here in Texas, if you have to use a CHL weapon, you absolutlely are required to notify the local police.

3. There are a lot of CHL forums on the internet.

4. Miss you already.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer
It's best to follow forum rules if you want a reply, especially since it's not Blazer related.

Also, no one's keeping you here.
Yeah what he said!!!

As far as what you have said I mean no disrespect at all but if I saw a 315lb man carrying a bb gun and mace I would laugh at you so hard. The knife I can see I carry one everyday always have and probably always will. What is it that you expect to accomplish with a bb gun though? A pit bull on the attack won't even flinch at a bb gun!! I think its great that you took the time to get a CHL but I have to ask have you had any real hand gun training? Drawing a weapon is a serious decision to have to make. Its not something that can ever be taken lightly under any circumstance. I bet if you polled 100 police officers you may find one of them that has actually drawn their weapon in the field. For alot of people it is a false sense of security and leads to horrible things due to lack of training. Just because you have a gun on your side doesn't mean you are safe either. What happens when that dog comes running at you again and you pull your weapon to shoot and realize there are 5 children in your direct path of fire behind that charging dog. Or to put it more serious that same situation but you don't see those 5 children out of panic and take the shot and hit one of those children. Makes it a little more seious huh? Don't think I'm anti gun either I have a CHP (as its called in VA), I shoot regularly with alot of guys and my enitre home has taken several classes for gun saftey and also shoot regularly with me including my now 14 yr old son. I carry but I would much rather lay my gun down and go toe to toe with a man before taking his life. I believe everyone should own a gun and have a right to defend themselves and their family but I feel that not everyone is ready for such a serious responsibility. TRAINING TRAINING TRAINING!!!!!!!!! I personally don't think you should carry your gun until you have put at least a 1000 rounds down the barrell at the range including learning to draw from whatever holster you chose in a variety of positions and situations. I also think you should spend some time learning the laws in your area. I know if I were to shoot a gun in my neighborhood I wouldn't need to call the police and not because I would be to lazy but because 10 of my neighbors would beat me to it. YES you have to call the police if you discharge your weapon for a reason like that. There is a thing called "unlawful discharge" and can be a felony!! They will want answers especially if you just shot your neighbors dog. Know the laws!!! Please spend some time doing your homework and be smart about this I don't want you to be the next guy I see on the news for doing something stupid with a gun.

My rant is over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!