Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Craigslist

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 10:35 AM
CAB
Starting Member
CAB is on a distinguished road
Default Craigslist

Craigslist is awesome.
One thing that pisses me off is when people post items and they don't leave a phone number or anyway to contact them other than email, which is fine, except when days/weeks go by and they never get back to me. Especially when they state "Need Money For Christmas", Hello I got money for your Christmas and guess what, IT'S CHRISTMAS!

OK I feel better now other than I don't have what at least 3 people are selling or should I say listed to sell. Certainly I am not the only one that has dealt with this.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:49 AM
Starting Member
Badco is on a distinguished road

I feel ya. I contacted a few people about Camaro rims and most of them just stopped replying! Personally if I list something I prefer to send a few emails back and fourth before just throwing my number out there on CL, living in the city and all. Some people just expect to send one email and show up on their doorstep, cash in hand the next day.

Old 12-24-2013, 02:48 PM
Starting Member
JavierEscalonJr is on a distinguished road

craigslist is great i've never had any problems on it and never got any spam calls when i post my number on it what pisses me off is when they mix words and numbers, and don't post the prices

Old 12-24-2013, 04:06 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

I post my number no problems so far. When I reply to emails I give my number, if they don't call... Fuggem

Old 12-24-2013, 04:47 PM
Beginning Member
Striker911 is on a distinguished road

I just wish I had a CL in my area. When I did it was a money maker. Could be annoying due to many issues, but I made money all the time. I wish ebay was as popular as it once was.....

Old 12-24-2013, 07:18 PM
Starting Member
ol' grouch is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Striker911
I just wish I had a CL in my area. When I did it was a money maker. Could be annoying due to many issues, but I made money all the time. I wish ebay was as popular as it once was.....

You aren't all that far from Fayetteville or Fort Smith. Then again, they are always asking for new locations. Why not suggest it to CL.

By the way, I'm one of the ones that uses numbers and letters. I had a LOT of trouble with scammers and solicitors before I did that. I buy and sell on CL quite a bit. I sold a car to a couple from St. Louis and I'm 180 miles from there.

Old 12-24-2013, 08:29 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

craigslist is "ok".its scams or fail. i love craigs dont get me wrong. but you either have people begging for stuff for free yet they buy ciggs or drugs,then you have the people who wants free cars because they are too lazy to get a job. even if its flippin burgers at mcdonalds. i dont mind helping people but this year pissed me off. guy didnt have money for cmas. i helped him out. found him a week later with a 100.00 bar tab. Dont get me started.people are effin lazy. im moving to canada or thailand. who else is going with me? lol

Old 12-24-2013, 09:47 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

could be they sold it and are jsut to lazy to delete it so they are just ignoring you. but i see stupid ads all the time, where someone will post a old k5 blazer or something and the discription will read something like "87 k5 blazer for sale, good tires, no rust"

and thats it, no miles, engine size, tire size, etc

Old 12-25-2013, 12:25 AM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough

Craigslist serves up a wide cross-section of humanity. I've dealt with some very intelligent people who are good at selling things. I've also dealt with a lot of folks who are incredibly dumb. I was looking at cars a couple weeks ago and I made an offer on one. The woman who was selling it went to get the title and pulled out the registration. She thought that was the title. I ended up buying a different car.

Old 12-26-2013, 12:08 AM
Beginning Member
Striker911 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ol' grouch
You aren't all that far from Fayetteville or Fort Smith. Then again, they are always asking for new locations. Why not suggest it to CL.

By the way, I'm one of the ones that uses numbers and letters. I had a LOT of trouble with scammers and solicitors before I did that. I buy and sell on CL quite a bit. I sold a car to a couple from St. Louis and I'm 180 miles from there.
I am 4 hours round trip form 4 city's on CL. Makes it much harder. We have a bunch of facebook groups, but the biggest group is so large it only takes a few minutes to bury a post. I have asked for our town to be added many times over the last four years. I also posted on facebook, and had at least a hundred or more people ask the same. No dice yet.

I am about to take a trip to KC for a craigslist rear hatch that will go on my Mustang. My daughter busted my back window out. Then the trans went out on the wife's Buick, so the Blazer is now the only transport we have. We have family in KC so it gives us a chance to visit. Not looking forward to driving the old gas hog though. I talked the guy down from $150-$50 but I guess the gas is going to be about $200-$250. This is my real issue. The cost of gas.

Quick Reply: Craigslist