Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Craigslist Ad Troubles???

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 08:19 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Craigslist Ad Troubles???

My dad decided to sell his 2008 2500HD over the weekend and wanted me to list it on CL. I tried Sunday afternoon and the process went through seemingly without issue except it would not come up through a search. I started reading up about the whole ghosting problem and have deleted that listing and created another tonight (more than 48hrs later) and I still cannot get it to come up in a search...

What other alternatives are there out there that you guys have used and that are free?

Old 11-30-2010, 08:32 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Kijiji or auto trader. I've used them multiple times. Kijiji is free and it depends on where you are for auto trader. I like Kijiji personally. Its easy, well organized and pictures are easy to upload. Also A LOT less scams. You have to do a verification code to reply to ads.

Old 11-30-2010, 08:39 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I looked into Autotrader, but they want $30 for a 3 week ad. Kijiji is CA, but I am looking into the eBayclassifieds.com which is what I got redirected to.

Old 11-30-2010, 08:44 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

I haven't posted anything on CL for a bit more than a month now but never had a problem. It does take a little time for the ad to be posted up, though. Not more than an hour or so.

Old 11-30-2010, 08:46 PM
Administrator

I waited two days after the first attempt. Looking at their "forums", there are a TON of people having the same problem.

I am going to create a new account tomorrow and post it from work to see if I can get it through properly.

I have sold a few things in the past, but it has been over a year since I used my account. From what I have been reading, the CL staff could give a crap about their users and are only interested in automated ways of dealing with spam regardless of how their measures affect honest people. I tried contacting their email support only to get a form email that had nothing to do with the topic of my email in any way.

Old 12-01-2010, 12:08 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

I havent seen this issue recently, but I know that my ads took about 1-2 days to show up when I listed.... Just curious... how much is he asking?

Old 12-01-2010, 07:03 AM
Administrator

$37k. Here's the eBay Classifieds listing.

And some of you may remember this picture:

The tool box that is in it now sits flush with the bed rails and has an additional 65 gallons of fuel storage. It is plumbed into the main fuel line to the booster pump via a two position valve. Flip a switch and the valve flips pulling fuel from the tank. The stock cluster gauge reads off of either the stock tank level sending unit or the aux tank level sending unit depending on the position of the switch.

Old 12-01-2010, 11:18 AM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

NICE truck. Saw a black one at to Polaris dealer yesterday. Love the size!

Old 12-01-2010, 11:40 AM
Beginning Member
Bosgarage57 is on a distinguished road

Ive never had a problem with CL, my posts usually show up withing 10-20 minutes, I just posted up about a week ago looking for something so I'm not sure whats going on. Have you tried to email CL support?

Old 12-01-2010, 12:40 PM
Administrator

I emailed them Monday morning only to receive a form response that I already found through normal means of searching their not-so-user-friendly 'forum'.

I posted on their 'forum' as well and only got one snide remark, "ugh! did you compse that fugly ad in word?". Sorry, but someone who can't even proof read his own posts shouldn't be commenting on the ads that others create. LMAO!

Quick Reply: Craigslist Ad Troubles???