Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

dealership screwin me

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 11:42 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default dealership screwin me

hey all, been a while since i posted. My jimmy is literally falling apart before my eyes so i found a nice, royal blue 4 door 06 tacoma. 155k km's

did the test drive and what not, and I loved it.

sticker price was $18, 990

We go into the office to discuss price and what not and I clearly, in front of my girlfriend and dad offer 18, 000 plus tax which is $900 (5%) WHICH SEEMS VERY REASONABLE

the salesman clearly says "ok sure ill make that deal if its done today" I accepted and said i had to go to the bank to get my bank note first. salesman says i need to put down a $500 NON REFUNDABLE deposit, i accepted and payed by debit card.

the bill of sale was filled out showing the remaining balance of $18,400 with both his and my signatures and vehicle info and we shook hands and i was off to the bank.

heres the kicker, he called me about 5 mins after i left and said "sorry adam i cannot sell it for that price im not making enough money on it, ill just pay your 500 back"

wtf!!?? anyway i got the bank note from the bank for 18,400 went back and he would not accept the payment on top of my 500 nonrefundable deposit.

we called the manager and he gave us the same b.s story and called it "human error" and basically we should feel sorry for them. we told them if they didnt live up to their end of the contract we would get a lawyer involved and they still didnt budge, he just had a stupid blank look on his face lol

NOW the questions are, is this photocopy of the bill of sale a legal document?
2-is the truck mine?
3-they have my 500 deposit, is it illegal for them to sell my truck?
4-is it worth getting a lawyer?

Old 05-22-2011, 12:10 PM
JST4SHO is an unknown quantity at this point

Why do they still have your $500?
Clearly this sales guy did not have the authority, soley to accept your offer. Still bad business and I would not deal with them and because of the management.
Seems a bit pricey for a 100k mile Tacoma?

Old 05-22-2011, 12:17 PM
BF Veteran

because he said its non refundable, it protects both parties. if i found another tacoma and asked for it back he would tell me to go fly a kite in polite terms.

all tacomas are expensive, especially here in canada.

05's are still going for over 20k

goin to the cop shop to see what they say today.

Old 05-22-2011, 12:40 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

In your original post, you clearly stated the salesman would give you your $500. Take it and move on.

Old 05-22-2011, 01:01 PM
BF Veteran

he clearly stated its non-refundable, and I will hold him to his policies, not give in when/if its convenient for them. I know they wouldnt give it back if i was at fault.

stop worrying about my 500 and help with the questions

Old 05-22-2011, 01:20 PM
m3ch is on a distinguished road

2-is the truck mine? - the bill of sale is filled out, you payed 500, with a remaining balance of 18,400, which i would assume, the 500 non refundable, is part of the payment for the truck

3-they have my 500 deposit, is it illegal for them to sell my truck? - previously stated, you have a bill of sale saying you put 500 down, with 18,400 left, is it legal, i dont know, but the bill of sale with both parties signatures is technically a legal document

4-is it worth getting a lawyer? - you can try, see what they say

Old 05-22-2011, 02:02 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Yes thats a legal document. I would leave them with the 500, turn over the bank note, and when they dont want to give you the truck, I would get ahold of someone. We have a "Trouble Shooter" crew on our local news team that loves situations like this and gets results...

The simple fact that they arent making enough money is the salesmans fault... Not yours - and the dealer should be eating that and taking it out of the salesmans hide and pay. Its not your problem that his mouth is making deals the company doesnt want to hold up to.

Dont take this BS lying down, you dont need a lawyer, just go make a scene with your dad when the dealership is busy, they will give you the keys cause you will potentially be running off more sales.

"Im here for my truck"
"But we cant make that deal for you"
"But I have the bill of sale, and you are paid in full - what gives?"
"Blah Blah Blah Blah"
"I sure am going to let all these other customers know whats going on here and maybe some will walk"
"Heres your keys sir"

Thats how its going to go over.

Old 05-22-2011, 03:37 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

^^^ what he said. If it was me though,id wait until you see alot of people sitting down at desks etc,usually means they are making a deal ready to roll. they are surely going to sell you the truck,loose a couple a g's to keep from loosing thousands from 4-5 other customers.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:57 PM
BF Veteran

well we could try that, but this particular dealership shows by appointment only, its a pretty small outfit, they only have maybe 20-30 vehicles for sale.

I talked to a cop yesterday and she said that its a civil case and theres nothing they can do, but she really wanted me to go further with it, and contact a lawyer and the better business bereau (sp?)
even she got pretty steamed about it, i asked if i could borrow her gun and she covered her eyes like she wouldnt notice lol

Old 05-23-2011, 01:32 PM
dimone545 is an unknown quantity at this point

report them to better business bureau might be your simplest fix. They will contact them and attempt to solve the problem. I have had pretty good experience with them every time I contacted them.

Quick Reply: dealership screwin me