The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Desktop Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 08:51 AM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

hehehehhehehehe

Old 12-08-2010, 10:01 AM
Starting Member
97CountryJukeboxLt is on a distinguished road

Here's another from school

Old 12-08-2010, 10:21 AM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 97CountryJukeboxLt
Here's another from school

Had to make sure Hillbilly Bone was showing eh. Good tune tho! Nice Sonoma as well. I only saw the top and I was like, "Hey, he doesn't even have a blaz...OOOOOOOOOOOOO" lol

Old 12-08-2010, 11:33 AM
Starting Member

Yeahh buddy

Old 12-08-2010, 11:38 AM
radiokid is on a distinguished road

Old 12-08-2010, 12:39 PM

I loved Linux. I used Ubuntu and it was flawless. Loved the switchable desktop especially for school lol It got me into everything electronic! Computers, audio, home electricity lol everything. EVERYTHING is customizable with it. I may go back when/if we get another PC. Mine is sorta family so everyone has to know how to use it.

Old 12-08-2010, 12:59 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by zedartwo
I may go back when/if we get another PC. Mine is sorta family so everyone has to know how to use it.
It's incredibly easy to set it up to dual boot so that you can leave Windows intact. You could set up the bootloader so that it's only displayed for a second or two before automatically loading Windows without needing any user input. That way, you could catch it and start up Ubuntu when you wanted but to anyone else it would simply look like another splash screen.

Old 12-08-2010, 02:42 PM

O yea, I know but I like the way its performing right now. Its not amazing but, I don't have any problems.

Old 12-09-2010, 07:23 AM
Starting Member

I have ubuntu 10 sitting on my desktop at home for a virtual box, i got it downloaded but it's not compatible so i have to downgrade to 9 x.x

i'm adobe cs4 photo shop cert, and i'm workin on my A+, and i've gotten two years of web design experience, yet i still fantacize about my blazer with a 454 in it.. redneck nerd?

Old 12-09-2010, 11:01 AM
radiokid is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 97CountryJukeboxLt
I have ubuntu 10 sitting on my desktop at home for a virtual box, i got it downloaded but it's not compatible so i have to downgrade to 9 x.x

i'm adobe cs4 photo shop cert, and i'm workin on my A+, and i've gotten two years of web design experience, yet i still fantacize about my blazer with a 454 in it.. redneck nerd?
I would say im like you, I own 4 webservers hosted at my house, on 100mbps line.
2 windows servers and as for the others one is mac and another is Debian servers, I design websites and work alot with coding, I mastered in graphic webdesign and coding, & minor in computer science.
I am in the process of building a message forum like the one we use here however with alot more functionality for the user and the admin.

I use linux for a few things, one is designing code, and another is for testing.
Also use Adobe creative suite 5, on Mac for the graphic webdesign part.
and never been a big fan of Mr. Bill Gates creation other then to run asp pages on the server. and using VMbox on linux to build asp pages for my latest design.

any way back on topic.
any one else use linux here? post em up

Quick Reply: Desktop Thread