The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Diplomacy?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 12:41 PM
swanman35 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by richphotos
The US needs to have their nose in everything, something happens we need to be there, another country does something that we dont like, there is problems, another country having a war with another country, we need to be there.
We want to control the world, try to control the world. its just irritating to me.
I agree with you 100%. We do try to be involved in EVERYTHING. I read something about us giving a few million/billion dollars to another country to strengthen their police... while we are something like 17 TRILLION dollars in debt. I do believe in helping others, but I think we should take care of our own problems rather than trying to control everyone else's.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:49 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by swanman35
I agree with you 100%. We do try to be involved in EVERYTHING. I read something about us giving a few million/billion dollars to another country to strengthen their police... while we are something like 17 TRILLION dollars in debt. I do believe in helping others, but I think we should take care of our own problems rather than trying to control everyone else's.
This! I have no problem with helping others, but we need to get our stuff figured out before we go jumping to help others.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:35 PM

Yes, exactly!

Old 03-08-2013, 07:09 PM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

Does Kim Young Dong have a membership in the NRA?

Old 03-08-2013, 07:23 PM
Starting Member
ol' grouch is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ohsofly
Nukes are scary stuff. But the US can't really cry much seeing as they are the only nation to ever use two on another nation.. I don't think they have any right to say who can have nuclear capabilities and who cannot.

Keep in mind, when we bombed Japan, we were at war. Estimated casualties for an invasion of Japan if we hadn't developed the nuclear weapons, ranged from 1 to 2 million casualties. That was just for the Allies. Consldering how the Imperial Army and Navy had been exhorting everyone to resist to the death, on the Japanese side, it might have meant Japan would have pretty much eased to exist. Possibly 50-70% of the populace would have been a casualty. Japan has a ruch cultural heritage that would have been a historical footnote.

As for the U.S. being involved, it's because we are the dominant power at this time. When we aren't involved enough, such as in Syria now or Libya a couple of years back, the same people complaining about us sticking our nose in, complain that it's our responsibility to get involved. This is what has happened for millenia. Prior to WW2, Great Britain had an Empire that the sun never set on. Before Great Britain, it was the French, before the French it was the Spanish. Go back far enough and Rome was attacked for doing or not doing enough. The dominant power is always a target for people who have their own agenda for personal gain.

North Korea is making themselves unpopular with China (who was the dominant world power in their time.) who is the main reason N. Korea still exists. One of the sanctions against N.Korea that really has the leaders upset is a ban on selling race cars (Ferrari's, Lamborghini's and such) and yachts to a country with grinding poverty and starvation. You do NOT see fat people in the north, except for those in power.

I've seen a bunch of photos of the Generals (who really run the place, not Kim whatever) in uniform and I'm always struck by their head gear. The Russians gad large crowns to their hat but the Northern Generals make me thing of "Strawberry Shortcake" with her big hat.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:58 PM

That's true also, but I still think we need to take care of our own before everyone else.

Old 03-09-2013, 03:55 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Which side of the fence?
If you ever wondered which side of the fence you sit on, this is a great test!

If a Republican doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.
If a Democrat doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a Republican is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat.
If a Democrat is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

If a Republican is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.
If a Democrat is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

If a Republican is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.
A Democrat wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a Republican doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels..
Democrats demand that those they don't like be shut down.

If a Republican is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.
A Democrat non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.

If a Republican decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.
A Democrat demands that the rest of us pay for his.

If a Republican reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh.
A Democrat will delete it because he's "offended".

Old 03-09-2013, 04:44 AM
Twip will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by newguy
Which side of the fence?
If you ever wondered which side of the fence you sit on, this is a great test!

If a Republican doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.
If a Democrat doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a Republican is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat.
If a Democrat is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

If a Republican is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.
If a Democrat is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

If a Republican is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.
A Democrat wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a Republican doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels..
Democrats demand that those they don't like be shut down.

If a Republican is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.
A Democrat non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.

If a Republican decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.
A Democrat demands that the rest of us pay for his.

If a Republican reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh.
A Democrat will delete it because he's "offended".
while im not here to bash on ANYONE's political stand point. we all have our fair chance to be wrong....or right....or left....or however you want to say it.

thats funny!!

Old 03-09-2013, 05:39 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

True, I`m done with the politics stuff on this forum

Old 03-09-2013, 07:50 AM

Lol I'm only 17 so I personally am noteither one. I think that in order for our country to be yhe best we can BOTH democrats and republicans and any other "side of the fence" need to work together. It's like a battle withinour country. On side wants one thing then it seems like automatically the
other side js against it. Things never get done like that