Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Dirtbike or ATV or Snowmobile?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 11:01 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough
Default Dirtbike or ATV or Snowmobile?

Hey guys. I was wondering if you guys rode dirtbikes or ATVs or snowmobiles?

Oh an you know the rules. Pics or it didn't happen!

2004 Polaris Predator 500 LC Dale Jr. Edition.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:14 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

"Pull-ur-***" lol jk... about the only thing they make half decent has wheels instead of track on the ground (sorry, alot of guys I hunt with have nothing but **** luck with their Polaris's, I havn't heard any negative about their sport quads)

My baby:

My other:

Possibly my 2nd snowmobile: (not ditching my first)

Old 03-23-2010, 11:47 PM
Starting Member
sifd4x4 is on a distinguished road

here is the lineup inside our dirty cluttered shop. cant claim them all as mine since dad bought all of them but there open for me to ride whenever.

That is a 2000 ktm 250 2stroke, a 1980 KDX 250 2stroke, a recon 250, and a yamaha warrior 350.

Old 03-24-2010, 06:25 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

ATV's FTW. I'm not a fan of bikes...so that rules out the dirt bikes. I've never gone snow mobiling before, but I'm sure it's just as good as 4wheelin.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:54 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

It's better, higher speeds and you can get further quicker... I'll leave at noon and come back at 5 in the evening and have done a 100mile round trip, gone to a lodge, gotten some munchies. And when you come back at 5:00, you just drive back into the garage.

ATV... you go out at noon, come back at 5:00 full of mud and all sweaty, wash it off so the disc brakes don't go all f*cky on you and then you drive them into the shed. You maybe only did 25-40 miles at less than half the speed of a sled and you're hungrier than sin because you couldn't get across that lake to get to your favourite lodge.

Sledding is more fun, but I love both of em.

Sifd, any problems with that Yami warrior? I'm looking at picking a cheap one up and turning it into a Dunebuggy this summer...

Old 03-24-2010, 10:47 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Yeah but Pat...you're forgetting I hate the winter, so I prefer ATV's lol. I love the mud.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:57 AM
BF Veteran

If you were a snowmobiler you'd love winter, at least it'd give you something to do, trust me, nothing better than a nippy sunny day and walking into a lodge with a wood fire going on. Shootin the breeze for a while and then driving home at speeds that ATV's can't even achieve.

Old 03-24-2010, 03:25 PM
Starting Member
sifd4x4 is on a distinguished road

oktain- no we have not had any real problems with the warrior. the seat is off in the picture because it usually has a battery tender on it.

there are good atv's and everybody I have known with one likes them. The motor is strong and there is usually plenty of aftermarket parts for them.

Old 03-24-2010, 04:47 PM
88s10Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

This was my little toy. Last winter blew the motor and sold it. Might as well throw in the scooter too lol. 155cc of pure power! Got er going 67 down hill.

Attached Thumbnails Dirtbike or ATV or Snowmobile?-2fixmitchel-2009-013-medium-.jpg   Dirtbike or ATV or Snowmobile?-mitchel-2009-001-medium-.jpg   Dirtbike or ATV or Snowmobile?-dscf9820-medium-.jpg  
Old 03-24-2010, 06:26 PM
BF Veteran

Those 500 Indy's were nice sleds. Not the fastest but they were nice, my 17 yr old neighbour has one and has no problem keepin up to me on my F5. Mind you I'm not trying to lose him either lol.

Nice scooter too lol, I'd be a little afriad at 67 on that thing.

Quick Reply: Dirtbike or ATV or Snowmobile?