Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Does not fit ZR2

Old 03-17-2019, 05:57 PM
Beginning Member
OlympicWhiteZr2 is on a distinguished road
Default Does not fit ZR2

I'm getting a little frustrated with all the parts listings... nothing seems to fit ZR2s... no lift kits, no brush guards... I dont wanna give up my ZR2. It was a gift from my wife 8 years ago.

Old 03-17-2019, 08:08 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

That sucks, man. It's already hard to find stuff for these trucks as it it, even less for the ZR2s.

Start getting that SAS worked out!

Old 03-17-2019, 09:06 PM
Starting Member
eshaw is on a distinguished road

Here's a body lift,
  • Mfg: Zone Offroad # C9201. If you want a suspension lift you really should think about doing a SAS because the cost will be pretty close to the same. When all is said and done you'd probably be happier with it. But that's if you're able to do a lot of the work yourself. Why won't a bush guard fit a ZR2? I'd ask the manufacturere or seller what the difference is.

Old 03-18-2019, 09:04 AM
go chevy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by OlympicWhiteZr2 View Post
I'm getting a little frustrated with all the parts listings... nothing seems to fit ZR2s... no lift kits, no brush guards... I dont wanna give up my ZR2. It was a gift from my wife 8 years ago.
I am surprised that it is hard to find what you are looking for on a ZR2... Since they were built for more off road fun than a regular 4x4 Blazer I just thought upgrades would be plentiful... I was always told Rockauto.com had tons of stuff but I never have used them personally.

Old 03-18-2019, 10:03 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by go chevy View Post
I am surprised that it is hard to find what you are looking for on a ZR2... Since they were built for more off road fun than a regular 4x4 Blazer I just thought upgrades would be plentiful... I was always told Rockauto.com had tons of stuff but I never have used them personally.
The problem I bet is the points on the frame that the suspension attaches too are different on the Zs, since they're a couple inches higher than a regular Blazer. Just about every lift kit is only for a regular Blazer, and won't fit the ZR2s.

Probably just a matter of how big the market is for each. Far more regular Blazers produced than the ZR2.

Old 03-18-2019, 12:06 PM
go chevy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by cleburne red View Post
The problem I bet is the points on the frame that the suspension attaches too are different on the Zs, since they're a couple inches higher than a regular Blazer. Just about every lift kit is only for a regular Blazer, and won't fit the ZR2s.

Probably just a matter of how big the market is for each. Far more regular Blazers produced than the ZR2.
That makes sense I guess... Those little trucks were made right from the factory to just get down and dirty I hear Hard to believe he can't find a simple brush guard though... Maybe suspension or body lifts, but a simple brush guard? That sucks lol...

Old 03-18-2019, 12:13 PM
BF Veteran

Wonder what's different that the brush guards don't fit? Might be worth giving it a try, if you could get one cheap enough that it wouldn't be a big gamble

Old 03-18-2019, 09:08 PM
Beginning Member
OlympicWhiteZr2 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by cleburne red View Post
Wonder what's different that the brush guards don't fit? Might be worth giving it a try, if you could get one cheap enough that it wouldn't be a big gamble
it has to do with the mounting points and the OEM recovery hooks

Old 03-18-2019, 09:13 PM
DonL is on a distinguished road

I'm wondering how hard it would be to cut an angle iron to size. With a nice thick gauge, and good bolts, could just be a matter of a couple of grinder cuts, and a few holes. That's what I did with my, never came with any mounting brackets, just found some good 3/8 thick angle, drilled some holes to where it would match the tow hook holes, and voila!

I dont mind retrofitting tho, with a little elbow grease, anything can look like factory...