Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

and DON'T you forget it..

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 09:26 AM
Banned
MuddBunny84 is on a distinguished road
Default and DON'T you forget it..

what are the 5 most important things you always take with you either for a short ride or to go mudding?

1.gps
2.mp3 player and plugs
3.cell phone
4.camera
5.necklace with gas cap key and door/ignotion key

and what are 5 things you ALWAYS have in your vehicle no matter the time of day that never leaves

1.home made survival kit(food, water, blanket,medical kit)
2.change of clothes/towel
3.hydraulic jack and 2 boards
4.perm. marker and sticky back note pad
5.some kind of tools(screw driver, philips head, hammer, wd-40, pliers, small socket wrench set.)

Old 12-12-2009, 10:55 AM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

The things I Always have in my blazer are
1) My cb radio
2) My jumper cables, tow rope, and flash light
3) My ipod
4) A jack and some tools
5) And some candy lol

Old 12-12-2009, 12:06 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

I keep:
tow straps, flares, amber beakon, chem lights, flash light, rain gear, tarp, jumper cables, spare tool kit, reflective belt, fire extinguishers, rescue tool/seat blet cutter, first aid kit, trauma shears, cpr mask, chest seal, abdomen dressing, crevats, pressure dressings, tourniquet, SAM splint, emergency blanket, 3 MRE's, some water, a hatchet and knife, a folding entrenching tool, shovel, 48" hi lift jack, gloves, cold weather gloves, balaclava, candles, lighter, hand sanatizer, a couple hundred yards of para-cord, lighter-plug powered spot light, and some other knick-nacks.

I also don't go anywhere with out my lucky soft plastic crawdad fishing lure. he rides shotgun on the dash above the radio.

*still short a pick, axe, lactated ringers, needle and catheter, jerry can

*i took out 2 rappel harnesses, 2 rap gloves, helmets, a 300' rope, 2 rescue eights, some carabiners, and various short length webbing and ropes because i moved into town and it took up more room than i liked (a duffle bag)

Last edited by ABN31B; 12-12-2009 at 01:54 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:59 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Well, I'm way less prepared then you guys lol.
All I keep in my truck are a set of jumper cables, a blanket and a tow rope. Hopefully soon I'll have a CB to add to that list.

Old 12-12-2009, 01:46 PM
Banned

well looks like Ab is prepaired for the worst lol, if any one gets hurt while off roading ..i hope its around you cause obviously you KNOW what to do and how...a life in good hands...

i left out some of the stuff i carry but..didn't wanna go over my 5 list lmao...

Old 12-12-2009, 01:50 PM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow AB is prepared for anything lol

Old 12-12-2009, 01:53 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

oops. 5 list! weak.... um

Combat Life Savers kit.
Tools (auto/recovery)
Emergency Lighting
All weather clothing
Pinchy the dash crab

BAM!

Old 12-12-2009, 02:12 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Forgot to add I do have a small tool set in my truck too. Nothing fancy, just a few screw drivers pliers and sockets.

Old 12-12-2009, 02:12 PM
Banned

hey i only said 5 cause to some...even 3 is stretching it lol...figured 5 is plenty enough lol :P dont hate me i'm just a simple kinda person like that :P

and Pinchy....to funny lol...sounds like a nick name for the guy in HS would pinch all the girls butts...BUT...any ways...omg..i'm falling off track on my OWN topic, god i hate A.D.D. lol

Old 12-12-2009, 03:02 PM
96Blazernut is an unknown quantity at this point

Those are all great lists and in the winter time it never hurts to carry emergency supplies.

However, you guys have forgotten to list the one thing that you will always need when doing a mud run.. A BUDDY in another Blazer or 4X4 truck.

Nothing sucks worse than having to walk out of the woods and trying to find someone to get you out.

But KUDOS to Bunny for bringing it up!

Quick Reply: and DON'T you forget it..