Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Don'tcha hate parking lotz

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 02:00 PM
blu.naia is on a distinguished road
Arrow Don'tcha hate parking lotz

Yesterday as I was leaving the grocery parking lot, there were cars going this way and that, too fast, etc.,, a guy backed out and crushed the side of my 87 Blazer. This summer I was gonna have the driver side fixed (I bought it damaged last Aug) and now I have the passenger side to fix too. Gosh, I luv my Blazer and I realy hate it when someone hurts it. This is my second one. The first was an '87 also. I had it shipped to Hawai'i when I moved there 10 yrs ago but decided not to ship it back when we moved back to the mainland...so I bought this one.

Not only do I have bodywork to be done now but I have to replace the catalytic converter. I'm having that done Monday and hope everything goes well.

Well, I'm thru here...
Have a day full of sunny aloha,
Naia

Attached Thumbnails Don'tcha hate parking lotz-87-blazer_wht.blk_111610a.jpg  
Old 04-17-2011, 03:49 PM
Thor_449 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was paged one day in a walmart via my license plate #. Go outside to find someone attempted to park next to me, they ended up underneath my blazer. I had to jack up my poor innocent blazer up to get the car from underneath her. Ended up ripping their front bumper and several radiator parts off along with my back bumper....was not a happy camper. I was lucky and was able to make them pay for repairs and in all honesty their car was more damaged then my blazer which only lost a bumper.

Old 04-17-2011, 05:01 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Did you get their insurance info?

Old 04-17-2011, 09:58 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

That sucks, hopefully at least insurance will cover it.

Old 04-19-2011, 11:55 AM
Arrow

Thor...good thing Blazers are so solid. I'm still crying over mine. Hope to get it fixed soon. It was dented on the passenger door and side panel.

Chris and 84Blazer...yeah got insurance info and accident report. He admitted to the sheriff deputy that it was all his fault but he did try to get me not to report it to the insurance. I know times are tuff but I didn't know him and I want to get the ball rolling to get it fixed. Too many people think cause ur old (gramma type) that they can get away w/something. Well this gramma doesn't let anyone hurt her blazer and get away w/it...LOL

Thx for ur replies.
Naia

Old 04-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Starting Member
W2JGA is an unknown quantity at this point

People not wanting the insurance/police involved really annoy me. That just makes me push harder to get everything I need done.

Old 04-19-2011, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by W2JGA
People not wanting the insurance/police involved really annoy me. That just makes me push harder to get everything I need done.
Me too!

Old 04-20-2011, 10:59 AM
Thor_449 is an unknown quantity at this point

Figure this, If you pay an insurance bill every month. Where does that money go? You don't get it back because you are paying it in case you get into an accident!!! That is what insurance is for! So yes, when people sit and whine and complain about insurance I like to bring up that fact....they usually don't find it as amusing as I do

Old 04-20-2011, 10:46 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Chris and 84Blazer...yeah got insurance info and accident report. He admitted to the sheriff deputy that it was all his fault but he did try to get me not to report it to the insurance. I know times are tuff but I didn't know him and I want to get the ball rolling to get it fixed. Too many people think cause ur old (gramma type) that they can get away w/something. Well this gramma doesn't let anyone hurt her blazer and get away w/it...LOL

Thx for ur replies.
Naia[/quote]
Yeah, I would let anyone get by with hitting my car without paying for it glad to hear the insurance company is dealing with the problem.

Old 05-01-2011, 06:50 PM
Cool 2 wks after

Originally Posted by 84BlazerS10
Yeah, I would let anyone get by with hitting my car without paying for it glad to hear the insurance company is dealing with the problem.
Insurance not dealing with the problem...I am cause evidently they would probably total it. Never figured out who his insurance was but did get an estimate for repair $1,000 & insurance won't pay that much anyway. My tires are worth as much as the Blazer and I just had $500 worth of work done. Runs great!! Too bad I'm so fond of it, yeah.

Today...Finally got in touch with the other guy after sending him a cert. letter. We'll see what happens from here...got his email and his work place.

Attached Thumbnails Don'tcha hate parking lotz-hpim0768.jpg   Don'tcha hate parking lotz-hpim0765.jpg  

Quick Reply: Don'tcha hate parking lotz