The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Driving In the Snow!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 02:06 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Driving In the Snow!!!

Yeah as long as you have a 4x4 you will be fine. I live in Houghton, MI and we get on average 250+ inches of snow every year. I have now started my 3rd winter with the blazer. This truck is awesome in the snow, I have driven through 1-2 feet of snow with my BFG AT's and I have driven through 6+ inches on my highway tires. Most of the winter I drive in 2wd mode yet. I only switch to 4x4 when I need it (like plowing through 1-2 foot snow banks, and on slippery hills). You will be fine, just drive smart.

Old 12-02-2008, 04:51 PM
Starting Member
lionel2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I made it!!! There was 14 inches of snow on the dirt roads to my cabin when i was comming home last night. But going up there on saturday was no problem, just compacted snow. I did bag that 8 pt. Buck like I promised you guys. 75 yard downhill shot, right in the lungs, the money spot. I have the rack in my garage, right next to my blazer. I am sore as heck from dragging that deer outta the woods. I am happy, my blazer is happy, and with that buck on the roof rack of my blazer helped too with traction getting outta camp last night. Thanks guys, and happy hunting and driving your blazers in that snow.

Old 12-02-2008, 05:44 PM
samuknow is an unknown quantity at this point

Dibs on the jerky....

Sounds like a great time all around.

Pics would rock. Congrats on baggin the beast.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:04 AM
Starting Member
lionel2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Here are some pics. Hope you like them. Thanks.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4647/58AD327B99B342AF8B8B5DCCC53677EE.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4647/7596C5A4E5A34247B4969295496642DD.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-03-2008, 01:56 PM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

be sure to wash your hands :P

Old 12-03-2008, 02:49 PM
samuknow is an unknown quantity at this point

good times there.

Old 12-03-2008, 04:33 PM
Bonecrusherr is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice Deer...Can't wait for some more snow here so I can get the sled back out...Now thats some FUN.

Old 12-20-2008, 02:28 PM
Ikester is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: lionel2

Yeah, I have 4 brand new tires, They are Uniroyal Cross country tires, all season. And, Yes, My 4x4 works fine. Now, I have 4x4 high and low i believe, I should only use the one right below the 2x4 button in the light snow stuff, but if it is heavy I want to use the bottom 4x4 button. I get the 4x4 high and low mixed up. I have 4x4 shift on the fly too. But, whenever I used 4x4 before, i usually just stop completely then change to 4x4. I guess I will be okay, I have seen some videos on youtube of blazers in the snow, Yeah they do good in the snow. My tread on my tires is at about 90% brand new. I have a brand new optima battery under the hood, so i know I am good there. Thanks.
You will be fine...however, you dont use the 4LO unless you are in severe 3ft snow. I would keep it in Auto 4x4 when going up the trail. I put it in 4HI when theres at least a foot of snow on the ground. Otherwise the auto 4x4 will cruise right by it with no problem.

Old 12-20-2008, 07:22 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

I don't trust auto 4x4... Spinning tires and BAM locked into gear, lol.

As long as you have good tires, the only limiting factor will be ground clearance...

I plowed through a foot and a half - two feet with a Lumina Z34, lol.

4" of snow, you shouldn't even really need 4x4 at all...

Old 12-21-2008, 07:02 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: drperry

I don't trust auto 4x4... Spinning tires and BAM locked into gear, lol.

As long as you have good tires, the only limiting factor will be ground clearance...

I plowed through a foot and a half - two feet with a Lumina Z34, lol.

4" of snow, you shouldn't even really need 4x4 at all...
auto 4x4 is great i think. u just have to let off the gas and make sure ur wheels rnt spinning like super fast lol

but ya this past fri we got 13 inches of snow and i drove thru that just fine in 2wd w/ bfg long trails at 50% tread only needed 4x4 a couple times.

Quick Reply: Driving In the Snow!!!