Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

To everyone who wants a good laugh, COME IN HERE LOL

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 10:43 AM
Starting Member
99Legendary is on a distinguished road
Default To everyone who wants a good laugh, COME IN HERE LOL

This is long, but it's worth the read, and it all happened this week.

I had a 1989 acura legend 5 speed with 160k miles on it for over a year. I drove it for over a year on a bad CV joint, I got it from clunkers for cash so what do you expect? This car was my daily driver. I put so much work into it getting it to run right that the CV Joint was the last thing I had to fix for it to have nothing wrong with it mechanically, the body was a whole different story.

Anyway, I had this acura sitting outside for sale for a few weeks. I get a call from this 30 year old guy and a few from his mother saying they were interested, and wanted me to be home so I can start it up for them. They bought the car the Tuesday that just passed, so literally 3 days ago.

They show up to my house the next day, I walk down with the key in hand, start it up, open the hood, tell him the only thing that is really wrong with it is the CV joint and that he should just buy a whole new axle instead of buying the CV's seperately.

The guy didn't take it for a test drive, he sat in it and heard it, and said he wanted to buy it. I had it for sale at 1000 but I lowered it to 700 for him. He had to go to work at 3:30 and he said he will be back at 2:00 to buy it.

I pulled the acura up my driveway, ripped of the for sale signs, windexed all the windows, vacuumed the interior, made it smell nice, tire shined the wheels, chrome waxed the exhaust and washed off all the bird **** on it and let it sit to dry.

2:00 rolls around and he is here looking at it. His mom dropped him off. I was even nice and let him have the pioneer radio with it (which was my dads and he was somewhat ok with it), told him all the plans I had for the car. My dad had the title so I couldn't go and sell it right away, so me and the buyer waited there for a few minutes until my dad got home from work to take it to the notary.

We get everything squared away at the notary, he got his tags and plate for the acura. We got home, gave him some hood pins to keep the hood down(yes the hood has hood pins, ricer) and he drove it off. Well, it got him to work and back fine and he lives almost an hour from where he works.

This morning I get 9 missed calls from this weird number on my girlfriend's phone, and I suddenly remembered it was his mother's number from when she looked at the car with him.

I pick it up the next time she calls and she goes "You know....The car you sold was so bad that Billy totaled it last night on the way home from work" I say "What do you mean? How?". She said "something with the wheel or something messed up and he totaled the car going around a turn." (IT POORED RAIN LAST NIGHT) I said "Well I don't know what you want me to tell you, I drove the car for over a year and nothing like that happened" (At this point I knew this kid obviously was beating the car.) His mom then goes "Well, can we come to amends on it? Since he only had the car for 2 days can I get a refund or....?" I said "I can't give you a refund, if I were to do that I would be short 700$, it's not my fault the guy wrecked it already" His mom then says "Well...if you can live with that" trying to make me feel bad. Then she just goes on and on about how they bought the car, had it for 2 days and then got it totaled. ****ing idiots. She told me to call her back if I can refund her, and she said "Call me back if you can do that, it'll show I can have a little faith in someone."

Last edited by 99Legendary; 04-27-2012 at 10:50 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:22 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

That sounds like my cousin. He totaled his last car 18hrs after he bought it. He took a corner too fast and sent it off a small hill and bent the frame.

If you told them the CVs needed to be done that's all you could have done. His mom can blubber at you all she wants, it's not your problem anymore.

Old 04-27-2012, 12:33 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Thogert
That sounds like my cousin. He totaled his last car 18hrs after he bought it. He took a corner too fast and sent it off a small hill and bent the frame.

If you told them the CVs needed to be done that's all you could have done. His mom can blubber at you all she wants, it's not your problem anymore.
I mentioned the CVs needed to be done and it would be cheaper just to buy the whole axle atleast 5 times, and my dad also mentioned it twice to him on the way to the notary. He said he will pick up the axle the night he got the car and possibly put it on in the same night.

Anyway, I am in between thinking they are idiots, or they are trying to scam me and the car is actually fine. Either way, it doesn't matter because they aren't getting their money back, but I would love to see pics of it. The reason I think it could be a scam is because the guy is atleast 30 years old and he has his mom call me and tell me?

I should call them and say "I can't give your money back, but you can trade it in for another car" then show them my hot wheels collection and tell them to pick one.

Old 04-27-2012, 12:38 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Hahaha, that would be funny.

Old 04-27-2012, 12:39 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Thogert
Hahaha, that would be funny.
Yep, I just can't wait for my dad to get home so he can hear about this too.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:00 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

you told him what the car needed ..... what an idiot

Old 04-27-2012, 02:27 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
you told him what the car needed ..... what an idiot
I am expecting her to call back as I just said "Ill see what I can do" so I could get off the phone faster.

I know the guy beat it....because if I drove on it for over a year with no problems at all, and all the sudden something snaps right after I sell it? No, it doesn't work that way.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:29 PM
Starting Member
tripovermyego is on a distinguished road

Sounds like a scam to me. Id ask to see pics of the car. Ask to see the police report. Also, the next time they call, tell them that you did not sell the car with a warranty.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:33 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by tripovermyego
Sounds like a scam to me. Id ask to see pics of the car. Ask to see the police report. Also, the next time they call, tell them that you did not sell the car with a warranty.

I am going to ask for the report when she calls again. It just seems real fishy to me how the man looked like he was in his early 30s but has his mother call to ask for a refund.

If they try to take it to court it should be fun. When we were at the notary, the noterer or whatever wrote down "needs cv's and electrical work" on the paper. Poor people wouldn't stand a chance.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:38 PM
Starting Member
tripovermyego is on a distinguished road

Haha. People are special.

Quick Reply: To everyone who wants a good laugh, COME IN HERE LOL