Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

FE Exam.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 07:15 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about
Default FE Exam.....

Anyone in here an engineer??

Lol, tomorrow morning at 7am I will be sitting in a hotel to take the Fundamentals of Engineering to hopefully get my EIT, I am saying this to prevent extra studying, lol and while on the subject of Engineering... Who else in here does that???

By the way Kyle responds to some posts he must have multiple degrees... lol

Old 10-29-2010, 07:19 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sure am. And yes I do - have the loans to prove it.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:23 PM
Red 96' will become famous soon enoughRed 96' will become famous soon enough

Currently enrolled as a second year in mechanical engineering

Old 10-29-2010, 07:26 PM
BF Veteran

Kyle, do you have any advice in general? I was gonna pm you but it is against the rules.... I am debating if I should use the interwebz and facebook stalk you

Old 10-29-2010, 07:29 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It isn't against the rules to PM people. It's not exactly like we have a FE exam section! LMAO!

I didn't get my PE (professional engineer) accreditation. I really don't have a need for it with what I do nor did I see a need for it with what I would ultimately like to do. So while everyone was studying for their FE exam (prequel to PE), I was out celebrating my pending graduation.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:32 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by swartlkk
It isn't against the rules to PM people. It's not exactly like we have a FE exam section! LMAO!

I didn't get my PE (professional engineer) accreditation. I really don't have a need for it with what I do nor did I see a need for it with what I would ultimately like to do.
Lol, well I just didnt wanna flood the pm box.... I will be trying to get my EIT and depending on what goes on with the job market.... Grad School for my masters with either an Environmental/Hydraulics (open channel )or transportation combo.....

My old roommate (4.0 ME major....) Guy is a freaking brainchild.... And he hasnt gotten any job offers!

Old 10-29-2010, 07:38 PM
Administrator

Some areas just aren't hiring right now. We had 3 product engineer positions open where I work and we only had 4 decent applicants.

The somewhat dismal job market when I graduated with my BS was what prompted me to go back and get my MS.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:39 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Some areas just aren't hiring right now. We had 3 product engineer positions open where I work and we only had 4 decent applicants.

The somewhat dismal job market when I graduated with my BS was what prompted me to go back and get my MS.
Where would the degrees be from???

Old 10-29-2010, 07:43 PM
Administrator

Mine? BS from Clarkson University. MS from Rochester Institute of Technology. I concentrated in fluids with quite a bit of CFD work while I was doing research at Clarkson after graduating with my BS, then I got married and transferred into RIT where I had to shift gears and concentrated in materials with heavy FEA as required per my research there.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:49 PM
BF Veteran

Awesome, I love fluids and Idk why.... But with the possibility of a transportation project funding grad school, and currently in a transportation class, it is getting really interesting, and I am learning A LOT about the design of roadways and why stuff is used.....

I would love to do this kinda stuff all the time, learning this stuff is just amazing... and as far as fluids go.... the professor that teachers the course was the reason I chose Bradley..... Hopefully the Future reads William Lorton III BSCE/MSCE....

Quick Reply: FE Exam.....