Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

In a few years...

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 11:21 PM
Blazer_Man_Dan is on a distinguished road
Default In a few years...

I'm currently saving money to buy a new chevy, that I want to custom order from the factory. Also, (even if I have to wait another year or more) I want to try to order the vin # 1 for that year (basically the first one built).

Now, for the question: is it possible? If so, what do I have to do to make it happen?

And yes, I know it's going to be a long wait and many people may think it's not worth the effort, but I want to make that decision myself using any advice that can be provided! I plan to keep it for as long as I can as the original owner!

Thank you for any advice or direction!

Old 01-19-2014, 06:01 AM
CAB
Starting Member
CAB is on a distinguished road

I would say your best bet is Barret-jackson auction to get a vin 1 vehicle and you better start to seriously save.

Typically early vins are treated special or used for corporate vehicles before eventually being sold as used.

Good luck!

Old 01-21-2014, 06:12 PM
Blazer_Man_Dan is on a distinguished road

Hmmm. You don't think I could contact chevy and request a specific vin# before the vehicle is built? Like choose the options for it and get contacted when it's finished being built or something?

Thanks for your quick response!

Old 01-22-2014, 05:05 PM
CAB
Starting Member
CAB is on a distinguished road

That is a good question. I do know you can go and watch your corvette get built and I believe even help assemble the engine, it costs extra. I don't know if you can request a certain vin number.
I say contact GM and see what they have to say and let us all know.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:05 PM
Starting Member
ol' grouch is on a distinguished road

No. #1 isn't really possible. Getting the first of a particular model can happen but if it's something like the first of a special model it will go to a corporate museum a lot of times. Fast and Loud talked about the garage building COPO cars and you might get one that way. You will also have trouble ordering a car a special way. The car companies no longer build cars for customers. They cater to the dealers. Less and less options are available. That's why it's no longer possible to get a full sized, half ton pickup from an American company. The dealers never order them as they make less money with a stick shift so the automatic is the only transmission offered.

Old 01-22-2014, 07:08 PM
Starting Member
toyhauler1283 is on a distinguished road

The intended reason Manuel trans is being faded out is because the general population is lazy and with all the government policies on lower green house gases an automatic trans can be programmed for certain perimeters where as a manual trans can only turn on s light saying to shift like they've tried to in gen one s-10 pickups

Old 01-22-2014, 09:05 PM
Starting Member
toyhauler1283 is on a distinguished road

And maybe an answer for tour question I just read that a guy paid 300,000$ for a 2015 ford mustang. That car will normally sell for 40.000 to 50,000 he paid 300,000$ I guess u have to ask yourself is it worth it?

Old 01-22-2014, 10:38 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

^ Heck, with a mustang, you have to ask yourself that even at 40k!

Old 01-22-2014, 10:45 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Good gravy... I am just happy that the Jimmy we have was built on Feb 23rd 1993, Which happens to be my girlfriends b-day (feb 23rd.. but 1990)

She is more excited about that than me, but still real cool

Old 01-23-2014, 01:44 PM
Beginning Member
iian is on a distinguished road

I found out mine was made on my birthday also. Did the Vin check and was pretty stoked to see it made Jan. 12, 1997.
Just wish I was born in '97 so I could be 17 again.

Quick Reply: In a few years...