Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

FINALLY!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 03:39 PM
cr8390 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FINALLY!!!!!!!

ok everyone it's finally happening after living in raleigh for 2 years now ive seen a snowflake once. I got my blazer down here so i never got to drive in the snow when i lived in New York. Tonight in North Carolina we are suppose to get 3-6 inches of snow maybe more. The most being in central North Carolina, like Raleigh where me and Wolfpack live. Suppose to start around 10ish and end late afternoon tommorow i can't wait im like a kid on christmas lol. I finally get to drive in the snow and get some snow pics for the snow pic thread lol

Anyways look here: http://www.accuweather.com/news-stor...&article=1

Look for my pics tommorow lol see ya

P.S. everyone in NC area drive SAFE! People in NC dont drive well in snow and everyone's going to be in a panic. The state is basically going to shutdown lol But yea as i already said PLEASE DRIVE SAFE

Old 01-19-2009, 03:47 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: FINALLY!!!!!!!

Haha ohhhh yes. Woo!

The fleet of DOT trucks has turned ever highway and overpass white with brine. I hate salt. Er...the blazer hates salt.

Old 01-19-2009, 03:49 PM

i know i just went to carolina autospa today too before i found out about the snow, i got the truck all nice and clean now its gonna get all salty but idc i cant wait to have some fun tommorow. You think NC state and wake tech are gonna cancel classes?

Old 01-19-2009, 03:50 PM

wait wait i looked on the nc state website heres wat they say so far:

January 19, 2009
University officials are closely monitoring current weather conditions and forecasts for the Triangle. If and when snow, ice or other hazardous conditions force NC State to operate under the adverse weather advisory, the university will announce that decision promptly.
There are many ways that students, faculty and staff can obtain timely, accurate information about delayed openings, closings, class cancellations or other changes in the university's normal operations.
[ul][*]The fastest way to is to click on the university’s home page (www.ncsu.edu), where adverse weather advisories are posted within 15 minutes of official notification. If you don’t see an adverse weather link when you open the page, hit your “refresh†button.[*]You can also get the information by calling the university’s emergency call-in line, at (919) 513-8888. Updated messages are recorded within minutes of official notification.[*]Information is disseminated through local media outlets and is also broadcast in banner format on cable television. Television and radio stations are contacted within minutes of official notification, but due to the large volume of weather closing or delays they receive, there may be a significant delay – sometimes more than an hour – between when they are notified and when they can get the information on the air or on their Web sites. If you leave your home for campus before 7 a.m., you should check the university home page or call 513-8888 first. The adverse weather advisory is available there much earlier than it is on local TV and radio stations.[*]Emergency broadcast messages are distributed to all Unity and GroupWise users. Although these emails are given priority status, it typically takes 1-2 hours for all the emails to be distributed. [/ul]

Old 01-19-2009, 03:51 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Haha well with the way Raleigh usually is...I wouldnt be suprised. it snowed a few inches 2 years ago and NCSU went on a delay. But most of the professors will cancel class rather than drive to campus

I dont know how much accumulation we'll get on the roads though...the temps really gotta plummet. At least the rain will help change the temps over.

Old 01-19-2009, 03:52 PM

im sure the roads willhave snow on them as for how much idk but ah man i just cant wait to get out there tommorow, you gonna go have some fun in it?

Old 01-19-2009, 04:02 PM
BF Veteran

Oh definitely

Ive driven my dad's Explorer XLT (with auto4wd) in the snow the past couple times weve gotten it, and it handled great. I cant wait to see how the Blazer stacks up to it.

If classes are cancelled tomorrow, I might have to go test out my new recovery strap

Old 01-19-2009, 04:34 PM

lol nice very nice

Old 01-19-2009, 07:22 PM
Thor_449 is an unknown quantity at this point

At least you have salt to put down, our county here in indiana ran out of salt last week during our -30F weather and it's not in their budget to get more......gonna by mudding to school here soon for all the dirt they're putting down

Old 01-19-2009, 07:28 PM

lol that sucks but i think here in nc this is the first time this year they have to use the salt

Quick Reply: FINALLY!!!!!!!