Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

First spy pics: 2012 Camaro Z28

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 10:03 PM
Starting Member
chiefum is on a distinguished road
Default First spy pics: 2012 Camaro Z28

Courtesy of Camaro5.com
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96645

Quote:
NO MORE DOUBTING THE CAMARO Z28!!!

2012 Camaro Z28 with 6.2L supercharged V8 (6AT in this model). No confirmation yet on whether this is the LS9 or LSA motor.

Spread that around folks! All the doubters will eat their words

Now these new photos are much better than the ones we previously posted! This Camaro Z28 was captured out testing with several other Camaros, as well as a Mustang GT500 (for comparison of course).

Seen prominently, even with the front covering is a much lower front fascia with large intakes. You can make out the shape despite the covering and it resembles the latest Transformers 3 Bumblebee Camaro front fascia. The hood cowl also looks to be more prominent than on standard Camaro.

The wheels are 20" SP550 anodized black - 20x10 front and 20x11 rears. Wrapped in Goodyear Eagle F1 tires. The brake calipers very much resemble those from the CTS-V.

Quad exhaust (dual pipes per side) are at the rear, and the photographer described the sound from this car as "nothing short of unholy!"

Best part is, GM was courteous enough to tape the engine specs on the dash: 6.2L supercharged V8, with Auto Transmission.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:30 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

With all the disruptive tape, grill cover and tape on the rear bow tie and camaro badges I almost could not tell what it was. Thank god for the big bow tie on the door. LOL.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:32 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

I will be putting a down payment on a camaro sometime next year... and the blazer might be a part of it...... They are just so gosh darn awesome....

Old 07-24-2010, 12:13 AM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by wlorton
I will be putting a down payment on a camaro sometime next year... and the blazer might be a part of it...... They are just so gosh darn awesome....
Never good to see a Blazer go...but that is a damn fine trade off.

Old 07-24-2010, 01:15 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Damn! Brand new. AND . . they still havent got the steering on the right side! Why is it that when we get them here we have to fix it for GM?

Old 07-24-2010, 02:39 AM
The_Beast is on a distinguished road

I gotta see the front grill before my vote is in, but I'm leaning towards pretty fricken sweet

Old 07-24-2010, 02:22 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by RangerG
Never good to see a Blazer go...but that is a damn fine trade off.
Depends what they offer me for it... Also.. the fiancee smiled last night and told me to do it now... but gotta start saving...

Old 07-24-2010, 03:15 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Sexy as hell.

Old 07-24-2010, 03:27 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wlorton
Depends what they offer me for it... Also.. the fiancee smiled last night and told me to do it now... but gotta start saving...
that's only 'cause she knows you can't do it right now! she's such a.............never mind....................

honestly though, i'd rather take a GT500 over the new Camaro's

yeah, i said it....i'd rather own a Ford Mustang over those new Camaro's. now.......if Pontiac was to come back.......and make a F-bird (like the concept that was done last year), i'd buy one of those in a flash.

not that it would matter anyways, i can't afford any of them. and i know the wife would make me sell the toys if i was to get any one of these. (i told her i was gonna sell my Dart to get the 'Burb.............but i never did )

Old 07-24-2010, 03:38 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
that's only 'cause she knows you can't do it right now! she's such a.............never mind....................

honestly though, i'd rather take a GT500 over the new Camaro's

yeah, i said it....i'd rather own a Ford Mustang over those new Camaro's. now.......if Pontiac was to come back.......and make a F-bird (like the concept that was done last year), i'd buy one of those in a flash.

not that it would matter anyways, i can't afford any of them. and i know the wife would make me sell the toys if i was to get any one of these. (i told her i was gonna sell my Dart to get the 'Burb.............but i never did )

I hate to poop on the parade... but the Trans Am Concept was an independent project...

Personally I think that if you do a slight modification to the camaro, you have the best damn american muscle car.... (with the exception of the Vette, which the local dealership has two grand sports )

Now, The return of the muscle car is a good thing... At least we agree on that lol

Quick Reply: First spy pics: 2012 Camaro Z28