Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge-5/)
-   -   First spy pics: 2012 Camaro Z28 (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge-5/first-spy-pics-2012-camaro-z28-47122/)

Senshi09 07-25-2010 08:37 AM

now thats beautiful. i wish i could afford one of those beauties. But i can't, but if one of you kind awesome folks were to buy one and give it to me i would be ur friend forever lol

seriously though, thats a car right there, i swore off cars but if i ever got me a camaro 3rd gen or a 5th gen then man i'd be the happiest guy artound. those are my fav muscle cars those and a 71 cuda ;)

i seen the new challenger yesterday (even though its been out for awhile) i like it since it still resembles the old challengers mostly, but its a dodge. I kinda like the chargers but those are becoming a penny a dozen which really brings down thier facination level with me. I don't hate the mustanges, since ford has to be doing something right if they can keep making and selling them for how many years now non stop. But if plymouth/chrysler were to bring back the Cuda then i'd have to bomb thier headquarters or run a car through it or something. I know if they were to bring itback then they wouyld compley destroy it in the making. But the camaros, they went through alot of changes just to go back to almost the same body style they had back in the day. its like they said lets try all this junk all while secretly building up the perfect form then when all the others sell great we'll stop making them for a few years and reappear with our best yet and continously make it better then everything else. Which i think they did.

old skool luvr 07-26-2010 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by wlorton (Post 348509)
I hate to poop on the parade... but the Trans Am Concept was an independent project...

ummm........i know it was. never said it was made by Pontiac.

i said if Pontiac was to come back and make a F-bird like the concept that was done last year.

if you took it as that Pontiac made the concept, then i'm sorry you misunderstood me. :icon_shrug:

Originally Posted by Senshi09 (Post 348642)
........those are my fav muscle cars those and a 71 cuda ;)

i seen the new challenger yesterday (even though its been out for awhile) i like it since it still resembles the old challengers mostly, but its a dodge. I kinda like the chargers but those are becoming a penny a dozen which really brings down thier facination level with me. I don't hate the mustanges, since ford has to be doing something right if they can keep making and selling them for how many years now non stop. But if plymouth/chrysler were to bring back the Cuda then i'd have to bomb thier headquarters or run a car through it or something. I know if they were to bring itback then they wouyld compley destroy it in the making. But the camaros, they went through alot of changes just to go back to almost the same body style they had back in the day. its like they said lets try all this junk all while secretly building up the perfect form then when all the others sell great we'll stop making them for a few years and reappear with our best yet and continously make it better then everything else. Which i think they did.

first, i'm not raging on your opinion-'cause everyone is entitled to one, but......brother...........you contradicted yourself in that statement.

you just gave props to Ma Mopar for making the new Challenger's look like the most popular '70/'71 models, but then go on to say they'd totally screw up the 'Cuda/Barracuda if they built it. i know the concept for the modern version of a 'Cuda isn't the greatest, but then again, concept doesn't mean final product.

personally, if the designers @ Chevrolet were really smart, they wouldn't have let those designers from Cadillac into the room when finalizing the new Camaro.

Senshi09 07-27-2010 09:08 AM

i understand i contradicted myself but im not a mopar fan.

It's like that saying let sleeping dogs lay. To me the 71 cuda was perfect, it's dead and gone now, only a few 'real' ones remain. by real i mean from the manufacturer not some rebuild kit out of a box. I don't see why they have to bring back all the old toys with a "new era twist". You can't exactly tear down the motor in it and build it back up since it's all computer ran and the moment you tear into it the car is junk since it will either blow the computer or the computer will not understand what just happened and you'd be screwed.

I think thats my main thing with the new versions of these classics. You can't do much of anything to them like you could back in the day because of the computer.

blazerboyz 08-07-2010 03:53 AM

Am i the only one that thinks the new camaros look like poop??????? I mean they look nothing like the old ones in any way!!!! Front end is all wrong looks like a caddie like some one already said. The rear end sits so high it looks like its gonna take it from behind??!! INDEPENDENT REAR SUSPENSION????? Whats with that? I mean call me a dinosaur but that is what made a muscle car a muscle car, traction bars and No half shafts. If you ask me the new era of these cars and the people designing them need to look back at how these cars were and not what they want them to look like!! I will say this i would rather spend the 20,000 on a 70's camaro then spending 45,000 AND UP on one pretending to be one

Phil 08-07-2010 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by blazerboyz (Post 352095)
Am i the only one that thinks the new camaros look like poop??????? I mean they look nothing like the old ones in any way!!!! Front end is all wrong looks like a caddie like some one already said. The rear end sits so high it looks like its gonna take it from behind??!! INDEPENDENT REAR SUSPENSION????? Whats with that? I mean call me a dinosaur but that is what made a muscle car a muscle car, traction bars and No half shafts. If you ask me the new era of these cars and the people designing them need to look back at how these cars were and not what they want them to look like!! I will say this i would rather spend the 20,000 on a 70's camaro then spending 45,000 AND UP on one pretending to be one

Don't get me wrong, I mean what got me into cars was a picture of my parents' 75 Camaro and 76 Trans Am that they owned at the same time before I was born. But even the new V6 Camaros at 20k would match/beat a stock 2nd gen. And the independant rear suspension is an awesome thing. I drove a Y2K Firebird for quite sometime, and until I had SFCs put on, that thing had such a squirrely rear end. I test drove a 2010 Camaro with my dad a year ago, and I'm telling you that rear suspension is SO awesome.

toxikchevy 08-07-2010 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by wlorton (Post 348509)
I hate to poop on the parade... but the Trans Am Concept was an independent project...

Personally I think that if you do a slight modification to the camaro, you have the best damn american muscle car.... (with the exception of the Vette, which the local dealership has two grand sports :) )

Now, The return of the muscle car is a good thing... At least we agree on that lol

yah the trans am concept was done up by lingenfelter but this way if you want a trans am its not up to the factory to produce it.Its going to just cost you an arm and a leg to get the body kit and what ever else they did to it. Unfortunetly the new camaros 6.2l is it powerful enough for for its weight. my buddys 5.0 fox body beat it by 3 lengths and he has a stock motor and 4.10 gears in the rear. The new camaro looks great but needs alot of work to bring out its muscle. Especially since ford has the 412 hp 5.0 as a part of its new mustangs. Just think what they can do to the 331 motor in the gt500 with that kind of technology.... Im a born and bred chevy man but the have to start work of their small block ls motors to get even even with ford on this on.