Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Fishing Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 10:33 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default Fishing Anyone?

Anybody on the forum do any fishing of any kind? Saltwater? Freshwater? What kind of fishing rod are you using? Spinning? Spincast? Baitcasting? Any pics? Any fishing stories? Just curious what everybody is working with.

Old 05-28-2012, 10:41 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Oh god. My life is

fishing
fishing
fishing,and maybe a lil bit of cars.

Ive got everything to ol zebcos to ambassador 6500's.

Old 05-28-2012, 11:12 PM
Starting Member
tripovermyego is on a distinguished road

I love fishing! Freshwater for me tho. Not anywhere near any saltwater! Ive got a couple of poles I use. Both of them are Shakespear SpinningTiger open face reels. And I just mainly have WalMart lures which I havent caught anything on. I mostly do catfishing and just use worms and I catch quite a bit of channel cats on! Nothing to fancy tho. Caught a couple that were 4-5 pounds and alot of ones that are 2-3 pounders. Nothing fancy but its food in my freezer! I like to catch walleye. Not to fond of bass but we all have our different tastes

Old 05-29-2012, 12:53 AM
50lb_cat will become famous soon enough

The channel cat here in Iowa don't care about how much your rod and reel cost, just as long as your bait stinks lol. I am fond of my open face spin cast and ugly stick combo. Just caught a 10 lb albino cat last night in the wapsi, was afraid of bad karma so I let him go lol.

Old 05-29-2012, 02:15 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

I use a medium-light Shimano Crucial 1pc graphite rod, with a sweet reel i cant remember what type. The combo was about six hundred bux and its ultra sensitive. Ive broke the rod a cpl times with large pikes but they have a lifetime warranty so shimano swaps em with no questions asked.

Up here we catch walleye, pike, and trout. In BC i go for salmon with my heavy gear. Largest salmon was a 65lb chinook. I let her go cause i only keep males, she was full of eggs. Biggest pike was 100cm @ 14lb through the ice, biggest walleye was 55cm @ 7lb on the nasty north saskatchewan river, only Burbot was about 60cm @ 10lb - ugly looking things! We also have a few species of suckermouths, goldeye, and asian carp. I catch and release 99% of the time, i dont like to kill things. I will eat the ones i mortally wounded though.

When i hit saltwater i drop crab traps! I love the crab!

Last edited by ohsofly; 05-29-2012 at 02:20 AM.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:17 PM
10-78 edac is on a distinguished road

Some times I get to go Fishing

Attached Thumbnails Fishing Anyone?-maumee11-061.jpg  
Old 05-29-2012, 09:11 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Well dang, didn't realize this many people like to fish lol. I was looking for a medium duty fishing rod that was a spinner (open reel). Any suggestions? I heard the Ugly Stick Shakespeare is good to go with.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:16 PM
10-78 edac is on a distinguished road

I like St Croix rods, use them with Quantum reels. Have a couple of Ugly Sticks that are at least 20 years old.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:51 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by tibby
Well dang, didn't realize this many people like to fish lol. I was looking for a medium duty fishing rod that was a spinner (open reel). Any suggestions? I heard the Ugly Stick Shakespeare is good to go with.
They are ok, All-star rods are great too. If you want a nice everyday combo that'll hold up go uglystick medium action with a abu garcia cardinal or a Mitchell 310xe reel spooled with some 12lb cajun line. Ive got 3 sets. They are my everyday rods unless im carp fishing. The 310 reels are THE BOMB.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:52 PM
Starting Member
nunya is on a distinguished road

crick or river fish, generally with my cheap Shakesphere's and live bait. Catch and release normally unless they're bleeding. Usually got low test line and the barbs on the hooks squeezed too...

Quick Reply: Fishing Anyone?