Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Fishing license.

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 03:37 PM
Starting Member
mov4x4 is on a distinguished road
Default Fishing license.

Well I was on a forum for fishing and the discussion came about should teenagers (16+ in ohio) buy the adult fishing license? Here is my opinion, Its away to help maintain the rivers, lakes, creeks and dams. I have never had a problem paying $20 for the license I just Consider it a donation to my states "DNR".I had always bought my fishing license when I was 16 and I still buy it. Your a young adult at 16 time to take on some responsibility and do as adults do.
What are your opinions on this subject?

Old 01-18-2011, 03:47 PM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with your opinon. But a lot of teenagers.. let me rephrase that... almost all teenagers now have everything handed to them. Before someone says I'm generalizing or whatever I am not. I know some teenagers that work their rears off for their trucks. But it sickens me when I see high school kids driving a 40k truck covered in mud. I'm not an avid fisher so I never bought a license as obviously it'd been a waste of money.

Old 01-18-2011, 03:53 PM
Starting Member

I agree with you about how a lot of teens get what they want and how they want it I drove a rusted out blazer until I could afford this new on that I have. But the sad thing is I miss my rust bucket lol.

Old 01-18-2011, 04:11 PM

Yeah I was in my home town over christmas and this 16 year old kid had a BRAND NEW sivlerado Z71... it was supposed to be a black truck. It was more clay colored at this point. But oh well to each their own.

Old 01-18-2011, 04:23 PM
Thor_449 is an unknown quantity at this point

As for the liscens, I always buy a liscens and always have (since 15). To me it makes no difference I just wish out of state cost wasn't so ******* expensive. As for getting new vehicles....One of my fellow classmates in highschool was giving me crap cause my blazer had some rust, his new Dodge 2500 with a lift kit and mudder tires did not. That night I was given the dubious honor of prying his door out after he placed his truck upside down off a bridge, and he was still conscious. He was fine and ended up apologizing from the backboard lol.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:07 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Not to turn this into a "Screw you you spoiled kid" thread, I knew a guy with a brand new Titan who was giving me hell for having a little "POS" Blazer. I looked at him and said at least I'm not driving around the school parking lot in Daddy's truck thinking I'm the best thing since sliced bread, I worked for my set of wheels, and the fact I can drive circles around you makes it that much sweeter. Later that day in the snow after school I drifted out of the parking lot with him behind me... with about 500 kids waiting for the bus he followed me and tried doing the same thing, only to wrap said brand new Titan around a pole. I made sure he was okay then told him to get Daddy to fix it.

On topic: I have always bought my hunting and fishing lisences, including my trail permits for my snowmobile (helps pay for maintenance and what not of the trail system.) While it is a little inconvenient, I see it as necessary to maintain the activities that so many love to enjoy. I look forward to being able to bring my own kids fishing and snowmobiling some day.

I follow the rules, because the reason there are rules in the first place is to protect the sport. That and I have no interest in risking losing my truck over 1 fish over my limit.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:10 PM
Starting Member

Maybe we should make a said "screw you spoild kid thread" sounds like it could be huge.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:16 PM

haha I bet that would be huge. From what it seems most of us worked for our little "pos" blazers and most of us put in the wrench time to keep em on the road and to make them our own with our mods. Anyways back on topic. I've bought one weekend license in Colorado. The only time I ever had to buy one. But they are there for a reason for those that do the activitys that need em.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:25 PM
Starting Member

I've never fished out of state to where I needed a license. I've fished in West Virginia on the border of Ohio in the Ohio river and there is an agreement you don't need the license for W.V. If you have one from OH. And vis versa, as long as its on the Ohio river.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:41 PM

Well Colorado was where I was stationed at and me and some buddys went camping and fishing. But I didn't plan to really fish all year so a yearly license just wasn't practicle

Quick Reply: Fishing license.