Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Gibberish

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 06:47 PM
Starting Member
ol' grouch is on a distinguished road
Default Gibberish

If anybody uses AOL, do NOT use their anti ghosting feature. It's supposed to hide your key strokes if someone is recording them. What it does is garble what you type at random. If you see some of my posts and it looks like I can't spell, or even make sense, it isn't me. I've proof read my material, corrected the spelling and watched as I made sure to punch one letter and another appeared. I have yet to figure out how to turn it off.

On the other hand, this machine is on its last legs and my new one will NOT have it enabled. AOL has been pretty decent over the years, and the free anti-malware is worth it.

Old 04-19-2013, 07:35 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Say what?! Who uses AOL anymore? LOL

Old 04-19-2013, 10:06 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

This old fart needs to be introduced to the 21st century LOL... Nobody uses AOL anymore.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:17 PM
Twip will become famous soon enough

google chrome FTW!!

Old 04-19-2013, 10:19 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

You got mail

Old 04-20-2013, 11:45 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by ohsofly
This old fart needs to be introduced to the 21st century LOL... Nobody uses AOL anymore.

Go ahead and laugh. I don't buy "new", I wait for improved. I don't buy something because it's the newest trend. You pay $500 for a new phone and I'll get it down the road free with an upgrade. I'm usually the guy who pulls you out of a bind because your new technology failed you. I know a guy who carries a card and no money at all. I asked him what he would do if the infrastructure failed. He said that couldn't happen. He was at his parents when Sandy rolled in and he was stuck with no phone and no money for a week. By the way, if you don't like AOL, don't watch Speed Channel as AOL supplies a lot of their content.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:40 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Question Do you hear the screeching sound when you log in ? You my friend has a lot of patience

Old 04-20-2013, 02:13 PM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

AOL isnt that like early 20th century.With my comcast I get free antimalwar,antispyware,antivirus,identy theft protection,Antiphising and alot more in my$69. tv internet bundle.

Old 04-20-2013, 05:30 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by 1sttimejimmyowner
AOL isnt that like early 20th century.With my comcast I get free antimalwar,antispyware,antivirus,identy theft protection,Antiphising and alot more in my$69. tv internet bundle.

I get all that for $27 a month. I've had it for nearly 20 years and when I log in, it zips right through. A friend has comcast and his video quality stinks. I won't tolerate pixelated and jerky pictures. My quality is better than his, log on time is less and I pay less. It's not that I won't change providers but why fix what isn't broken?

I've got a bunch of 20 somethings on my crew at work. They usually have to have the latest and greatest gadgets. Newest cars (and car payments), the newest smart phone, until the next one comes out next year and the least money in their pocket after they pay for all of it. I've got clean and clear title on all my vehicles and my house will be paid off in 2 1/2 years.