The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Giving up the Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 11:20 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough
Default Giving up the Blazer

Well, my life has taken another HUGE flip and separated with my twins mom, and now I had to find a new home and do all that court BS... And I dont forsee any time in my future to do a thing with this Blazer cause I use my spare time to try and see my kids as much as I can. Ive been towing it around as Ive moved, and had no time for it. I put an ad up on kijiji for 2500 and had a couple people interested in it now. I guess Ill see if anyone wants it and take whatever they offer.

I suppose if none of the interested parties wants it, then I will just tow it to my new houses garage. Gotta pay for a lawyer and dont see much extra money in my future to play with my project with. Its not out of the question to keep it, but I really ought to find a car hauler trailer soon cause I figured Ive paid over 1000 bucks towing this thing since I last drove it under its own power.

Tryin to think up ways to make extra cash money, maybe flippin cars, but I dont really have the time to tinker with them either.

Anyone actually make any money with the internet here? I worked with a dude that quit cause he was doing too good on his computer to care about a real job, but he would never say what it was that he did.

What do you guys think i can reasonably ask for for my Blazer? To give a short list of it, and keep in mind I have all the parts and then some. I know its a "$500" car, but its not a DD for some ditzy teenager, its a modded toy for a man or a man and his son, and both interested parties were older dudes like me looking for a project to work on with their sons. I hope I can do this kind of stuff with my sons when they are older, so I respect that. I wouldnt sell it to some kid who thought it was cool, I would really only sell it to an older person that would love it and use it properly.

Its not running - needs a new battery (or three) and to install the nut kit. Do the intake gaskets while taken apart.
Its got all new gastank, sender, pump, filter, FPR, and a junkyard spider.
I did the complete front end including CA bushings
All new drums, shoes, slotted rotors, pads
Its got brand new 33" tires and cool wheels
3"BL and 3" shackle/Tbar lift with Z71 trucks shocks.
Its got a new radiator with new 4 year old new coolant
Take your choice of smoked or clear exterior light housings and put em on
Complete tune up and some new sensors, aced BC AirCare about 2 months before it last ran.
Choose which front end you want, billet 80s style, or paintable black 90s style, and put it back together
Butcher errr "trim" and install the new fenders (inner and outer) and new bumper and rad support
Run some wires, hook up, and tune the KILLER stereo system and try it out for the first time. Might wish to add a couple more batteries cause this beeotch will be poundin
Ive done all the LED lights on the outside, and HID sealed beam style headlamps
And a bunch of other stuff I cant think of off my head. Theres all the parts to do all this stuff too plus spare 2nd and 3rd spares of a bunch of stuff.

The truck ran well when I last drove it, then the nut kit started leaking and it limped home and never ran again. Body, there is some rust started around the rears, but I ground most of it off trimming the rears. Im sure after they get it inspected (it will pass, I am/was a technitian) and aligned it will drive like a new truck and I imagine the ride is going to be pretty stiff now, not soft like the old shocks and suspention.

So what do you think is reasonable? I spent about 5-6 grand total into this truck I figure, and its all still brand new cause Ive never used it. Honestly, I think if I could get the 1700 back for the wheel/tire combo from a cool dude and his kid, they can have the truck with them LOL... I figure if I put 2500 it would attract only interested parties who would offer me less. I think Ill modify my ad to include that I would trade for a decent fishing boat or small holiday trailer

I dont really want to let it go, but the reality is that it will just collect dust until my own sons are teenagers, which is more than 10 years from now. Do I really want to tow it around that long?

Last edited by ohsofly; 07-21-2013 at 01:28 AM.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:52 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

I am sorry to see this happen. But, Like they always say, Start high with your asking price, then you have room to work down, ask 5000, 5500 to start, then you have a good bit of room to talk down.

Once its sold, Please do not leave us!!

Old 07-21-2013, 11:41 AM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Sucks to hear the tough times. I just got my v8 blazer project over to my house after almost 5 years sitting at my dads. It sat there for probably close to 7! Not too sure when I'll get around to it but at least I can tinker. Thought about selling it at one point as well. I'm better off hanging onto it and finishing it. I think I have close to $8K into it and would never even get close to that back.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:46 AM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Blazin_Jason
Sucks to hear the tough times. I just got my v8 blazer project over to my house after almost 5 years sitting at my dads. It sat there for probably close to 7! Not too sure when I'll get around to it but at least I can tinker. Thought about selling it at one point as well. I'm better off hanging onto it and finishing it. I think I have close to $8K into it and would never even get close to that back.
I know how that is!! I've got a '71 Volvo P-1800 that's been sitting in my dads shop for ten years!

Old 07-21-2013, 11:55 AM
WitchingHour is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, but there comes a point for some people when it's just time for them to admit that it's just not going to happen. At my dad's place, there's a 1972 Nissan B210 which has been sitting in the garage since 1984, and a 1952 Indian chopper which hasn't been run since sometime in the mid-1970s.
My stepdad's just as bad for it. He bought a boat - VIP Vindicator - in.. I want to say 1991 or 1992. I think 1995 was the last year it's been run. What a waste.
And now I have to scramble not to fall into that same trap as they did with this 87 Silverado.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:03 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

I saw your ad on Kijiji the other day, and was kinda sad that you're having to sell it, but on the other hand if you don't have the time to get it going again I totally understand. Best of luck and I hope you find someone to take it off your hands.

Old 07-25-2013, 12:12 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

YeH the ad has got a couple hits, nine of them called back to go look at it tho. Looks like its getting towed again...