Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Golf?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 09:26 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough
Default Golf?

Anyone play this game? Ive been a putter my whole life, but the guys at work invited me to play this weekend so i went out and bought some clubs. They are made for someone who is 5'9"-5'10" and I happen to hit 6'0" with shoes on, but they feel fine to me. Were regularily $450 at canadian tire, but they were on sale for $198 today! Wilson is the name. Its tough to find used left handed clubs it seems so I had to get the new ones. Holy god are some of those used sets expensive still, I guess I got a 'cheap' set...

Old 07-23-2010, 09:36 PM
Thor_449 is an unknown quantity at this point

Truthfully I've played golf once. first hole par was 5 i got 15, second hole par 4 i got 2, then the rest were like the first. I enjoyed it alot, but I like to play the game were you don't want to catch up to the ball (baseball)

Old 07-23-2010, 10:18 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

I used to golf daily before jr high school.... But recently its more of a venting/dating activity of the driving range....

There was a time when I could chip anything from 60 yards in to about a foot within the hole....

Another time I could put anything within 50 feet....

There was one time I dropped the ball about a good 300 yards and lost it off the course....

None of these times overlapped... I could putt when I was younger... and then I could chip... and more recently I could drive... Too bad only 1/20 strokes goes straight.... Much respect to Tiger woods... lol but just for golf....

Old 07-23-2010, 10:25 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

The only golf I play involves a windmill and a loop d loop.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:30 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Was forced to play back in '95 and have been playing ever since. I've gone through 3 sets of clubs and can't see getting another set as I love what I have. Big Bertha driver, Olimar fairway woods and Ping I3 irons.

Just wish I could get out more than I have lately. And that I could play as good as my clubs are.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:43 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Clubs are the cheap part of golf.

By the way, club is a fitting name. As in your always trying to beat the grap out of the ball, but more times than not your beating the crap out of the big green ball (earth).

I used to play evvery week, I was an average player.

Old 07-23-2010, 11:28 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Hanr3
Clubs are the cheap part of golf.

By the way, club is a fitting name. As in your always trying to beat the grap out of the ball, but more times than not your beating the crap out of the big green ball (earth).

I used to play evvery week, I was an average player.
Lol... you arent playing golf... you are playing flog.... turn the club around... lol

Old 07-24-2010, 12:11 AM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

I love golfing! I never seem to have the time though, either working or working on the Blazer.

Me and one of my friends try to get out all the time but he's working when I'm off and vise versa.

I've gotten out only once this summer, but I'm determined to go more. I'm an average golfer. Not really good at any aspect, but I can hold my own all around.

Old 07-24-2010, 01:07 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Used to play the game, but got tired of spending too much time looking (or fishing) for that little white ball. LOL jk, just don't get the time to play anymore. And ohsofly, I'm with you on the left hand clubs . . not too many used clubs on the market. Kinda like my RHD truck! LOL

Old 07-24-2010, 08:33 AM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

Haven't played in several years ... Used to work at a jack nicklaus signature golf course/country club/development (Barrington country club in aurora, ohio) every monday employees got to go out and play free on the same course members paid $50k/year to play on...kinda cool, never was very good but I had one hell of a drive (no aim but massive distance) group of 4 of us used to go together every week losing team bought dinner and drinks for the night...wasn't cheap losing LOL

Quick Reply: Golf?