Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Golf...

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 09:34 AM
go chevy is on a distinguished road
Default Golf...

I know golf is super popular but what is it that fascinates so many people? I must say I have never played a round in my life, never looked interesting to me I guess. I have no doubt it is much harder than it looks but it just looks boring to me... I have tried many times to watch it on the TV but I can't stay interested more than like 5 minutes lol!!! I have nothing against golf, "whatever floats your boat" as they say but I just can't get into it... When the kids were younger me and my wife took them to play putt putt golf many times lol Like Happy Gilmore said "I hate that stupid clown"

Old 03-06-2019, 07:51 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

I was the exact same as you until I was "forced" at work to play a round of golf. Been playing and watching on tv for over 20 years now.

Old 03-06-2019, 08:14 PM
odat is on a distinguished road

Sorry but if I'm going to chase a little white ball around a green it will be on a pool table with green felt......

Old 03-06-2019, 08:38 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Lol good call on the pool comment...

but for myself, I cant watch it on TV for the life of me. I can barely watch hockey on TV, and I love it! I've played the game a few times, not competitively tho. I do enjoy playing it, but only because I walk around, drinking, and get to look at the servers lol!

Old 03-06-2019, 11:08 PM
G0LFADD1CT is an unknown quantity at this point

I've heard of golf..........

Old 03-07-2019, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by G0LFADD1CT
I've heard of golf..........
LOLLL..... I have several friends and a few family members that eat, breath and sleep golf I guess I would be more interested in drinking some beer and "legally" driving lol! Although I would be passed out on the ground somewhere near the golf cart and maybe the 4th hole if I even made it that far

Old 03-08-2019, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

I never understood the draw to golf until I played a round about 15 years ago and then I understood why so many men specifically enjoy it so much...

It's an opportunity to be away from the wife for a day while getting hammered and thrashing around on a motorized vehicle in a relatively low risk environment. I play several rounds a year including a few charity events for work and I have yet in my entire life to play a "serious" 18 holes. I will start out "trying" for the first 1-3 holes but after that it's pretty much guaranteed to be a drunken circus for the next 15 holes filled with lots of laughs, sh** talking, outdoor peeing and lost *****! My wife never complains when I get home after a day at the golf course but I've been yelled at plenty of times after coming home after a night at the bar lol.

Old 03-20-2019, 10:19 AM

I do believe I will give Golf a shot! All this talk about drinking, driving a cart around sounds like fun Although I must admit that if I drink a few 2 many I will be looking on the golf cart dash for the 3 button 4x4 switch and running through a sand trap lolll.....

Old 03-23-2019, 05:50 PM
Mike.308 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by odat
Sorry but if I'm going to chase a little white ball around a green it will be on a pool table with green felt......
+1 for Odat
LOL I believe, that if You say "golf" to someone in my country, the first thing that comes on his mind is going to be "volkswagen". So it was mine. It's unpopular in here.

Old 03-24-2019, 03:10 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

To enjoy a round of gold, you can't take the game seriously at all. Drink a few beers, rag on whomever you are playing with (and expect the same every time you swing) and make bets so that the loser buys the next round. When I first started I tried my best, and just ended up getting mad every time I played. It dawned on me after a while that having a good time was more important than having a good score. A birdie now and then makes the whole day worth while on the golf side; a designated driver makes the whole day a success!

Quick Reply: Golf...