Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

got nabbed for speeding :/

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 09:43 AM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future
Default got nabbed for speeding :/

It was bound to happen sooner or later. I got my license when I was 17, and now I am 30 so it was a good run but got my first speeding ticket over the weekend at 2:30am on the PA turnpike. Got snagged for doing 73 in a 65, but it was a work zone so speed limit was set at 40. So yeah, the trooper gave me a break since it was at that time so there was no traffic and it was my very first time being pulled over. Ticket is 178$ but should be closer to 400$, so I'm happy about that. Speaking of which, I gotta pay it lol. It's in my glove box right now, I had 8 more days to pay it before they come and get me lol. I actually started joking around with the state trooper about my fumbling through papers cause I've never been pulled over before. He thought that was funny lol.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:52 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

ouch and yea that is funny =P

Old 06-29-2011, 10:56 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Sucks man. i got a $20 ticket last week for not wearing a seat belt. I was like 1/2 mile from the house. pshh..

Notice since its your 1st time getting one. If you go say today or tomorrow to pay the fine,they usually knock it in half. Its a "thank you for being responsible" deal. Officer told me that when i got my 1st ticket.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:07 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

I'm going to take care of it tomorrow. i have to call and either send a check or if they do online payments cause the ticket is in PA and I live in CT

Old 06-30-2011, 12:37 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Yea, I'm still young, but haven't gotten caught speeding yet, thankfully and knock on laptop since there is no wood near by.

But a cop screwed me HARD when it came time to renew my tags last year. The blazer wouldn't pass inspection because we didn't have the required codes (It's a '96, it needs 3 to be good). I went to get it inspected several times and it would still fail each time, so I fixed a few things and took it in for another inspection knowing it would fail. I ended up going to the dmv to get a waiver for the blazer since it would never pass. I think it needs an ecu reflash or something of the sort. But I got the waiver for spending money trying to fix it and trying to get it inspected several times.

Long story short and on my way to get the waiver that day, a cop pulled me over and gave me an expired tag ticket. I was so pissed, I wanted to throw the ticket back at him. This guy abused his power and was a complete *** <---(butt) to me. I showed the cop my failed inspection forms and told him I was going to get a waiver but he didn't seem to care. So I took the ticket to the court date and it got dropped. But what a waste of my time, cops around here are complete dbags. I have lost all respect for most of them, but there are a few that are nice.

So as it sits right now, I have no tickets (again knock on laptop) as I see it because I'm not counting that failed tag ticket because it was out of my control.

Old 06-30-2011, 03:15 AM
DySfUnCtIoNaL is on a distinguished road

You guy's are lucky, I've been wrote up for almost every ticket they can hand out, from no seat belt, layin drag, speeding, to, driving in emergency lane.

I can honestly say though, every time they had a reason to mess with me because, I was breaking the law.

Old 06-30-2011, 05:29 AM
rob44_90 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by chris015
Sucks man. i got a $20 ticket last week for not wearing a seat belt. I was like 1/2 mile from the house. pshh..

Notice since its your 1st time getting one. If you go say today or tomorrow to pay the fine,they usually knock it in half. Its a "thank you for being responsible" deal. Officer told me that when i got my 1st ticket.
In Tennessee, they won't cut it in half for the first, but they won't put it on your driving record, which is nice unless your insurance company is something like Shelter and they never check your driving record.

I've gotten two tickets and have been pulled over four times in the past 4 years. lol One ticket was a noise citation for my subs $120 and the other was for going 25mph over the limit (that was my first ticket when I was 17 and they cut it in half in court to $75 but they also took my license for 2 months). I was back to riding the bus to school. haha

Old 06-30-2011, 11:24 AM
Starting Member
NT_Hardcore is on a distinguished road

i just try and do as the law says, prety much ticket free except noise violations. and i dont care about those

Old 06-30-2011, 12:32 PM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

i have a stack of warnings from troopers........... very military friendly.and since i work for the sheriffs office........................ we post them up on the fridge. =D ill take a picture.

Old 06-30-2011, 01:03 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

5 parking tickets... why I don't have a speeding ticket at this point is beyond me. Mind you the most I do is 15kph over, and they don't usually bother you at that speed, I have to remember to stick to the posted limit if I'm in the states though lol.

Quick Reply: got nabbed for speeding :/