Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Harbor Freight

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 12:51 PM
lilred is on a distinguished road
Default Harbor Freight

Why dont we start a forum on the stuff we buyat Harbor Freight some of its junk and some of its good. I think we could let each other know what we bought and how it works. What do you think

Old 02-14-2012, 01:07 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

A thread in the gen chat area or the lounge would suffice. An entire forum section related to HF is a waste of space on the homepage IMO..

*Moving from 'Forum Help & Suggestions' to 'The Lounge'* - Let the discussion commence.

Old 02-14-2012, 01:12 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

A thread in the general chat area or lounge would be good, i just discovered harbor freight myself so it would be interesting to know what people buy there, they have everything lol.

I would ask Swartlkk nicely to move this to the lounge tho.

Old 02-14-2012, 01:21 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

I buy anything there. I got a socket set in there for $2.99 and it has held up just as good as anything else. Surprises me actually lol. But their corded sawzalls are good too. The way I think about it, some of their tools have lifetime warranties so if it breaks, you can go get another one. The tools that don't are so cheap you still end up doing good just purchasing another one. It takes too much time for you to make your money back from breaking craftsman tools.

Old 02-14-2012, 01:34 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

I look at harbor freight the same way i look at autozone.
they are great for somethings...i.e lifetime stuff.
However before i drop big bucks i will go to the high end goodies.

Old 02-14-2012, 01:39 PM
Starting Member
Longer02 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a lot of tools from Harbor Freight. A lot of things I am using currently on my Camaro build I will more than likely never use again so I would rather pick them up cheap. All the sockets and such I have are holding up great too.

Old 02-14-2012, 02:29 PM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

i used to work for harbor freight so i bought tons and tons of stuff, there was a pallet of returns almsot every night though. but i never did returns so the only thing i ever saw go was stuff customers dropped in the store. ive had a pair of the black and white security cameras for about 4 years now, plugged in the entire time and never had issues.

when i went to go back to working at a service shop i restocked my missing sockets and tool swith there stuff and the only things ive broke are the ratchets$1 .. and the adaptors 1/2to 3/8 and such..

i bought all my christmas presents since i was stuck there 2 years ago since they have such awide range of things.

my current grinder, sawzall , welder, cut off tools, metal saw, and even my winch on my 3/4 are from harbor freight and ive had ALL of it over 2 years with out issues, but now that i moved away im about an hr and a half from the closest ones...

Old 02-14-2012, 03:00 PM
coolasice will become famous soon enough

guys are lucky...closest one is 10 hrs away...

Old 02-14-2012, 04:58 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

Closest one to me is 1 hour and I rarely get up there.

Old 02-14-2012, 07:06 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

A new one just opened up not to long ago 35 minutes away , I think its a great store especially for specialty tools .

Quick Reply: Harbor Freight