Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Having problems with my Digital Camera

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 09:09 PM
88s10Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Having problems with my Digital Camera

I have a Kodak Z712 IS. Ever since I bought it the batteries never hold a charge for more than a day. I've gotten the Kodak Rechargable Digital Camera Batteries with the white and green labels. And these Nickle-Metal Hydride Xtreme rechargables. They all die, so I'm assuming it's with my camera. When the camera's off there are no lights on or anything. Anyone else ever have this problem? It's a PITA when seeing something cool and grabbing for the camera only to find out it's dead. I also have tried regular batteries and it does the same thing. Thanks.

Last edited by 88s10Blazer; 03-16-2010 at 09:21 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:32 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

A suggestion I have is when your camera isn't in use, leave the battery door open, you won't have your camera sucking juice. My Canon has an internal battery for the time and such, but my last Camera was a Kodak, and that didn't have an internal battery, so it went through batteries pretty quickly.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:38 PM
LuvMyTJ is on a distinguished road

While my old Kodak digi went through batteries often, they should last longer than a day, thats for sure.
I would never buy a camera that took standard batteries ever again. The newer li-ion batteries are great. They will normally give you about 400 pics before a recharge.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:25 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I have never liked Kodak digital cameras. Just too many horrible experiences with them.

With that said, a quick search on your problem shows that the NiMH battery and charger don't stack up to the requirements of the camera. Alkalines don't hold a charge long enough either. This camera was designed around a 2.8V system voltage and 2xAA batteries equal out to ~3.1V when fully charged. Alkalines and NiMH batteries quickly drop below 2.8V especially when a flash is in use.

If you haven't tried them already, give the Energizer Lithium digital camera batteries a try. That is what the camera that we have in our fire truck uses (it's a kodak as well) and it lasts a decent amount of time.

Also, see if Kodak has any firmware updates for your camera.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:30 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I agree with Kodak camera's. I have 2 right now, and I'm not really happy with either. Whenever I get a proper camera I won't be buying Kodak. I think their camera's are crap.

I also agree not to buy a camera that takes regular batteries. Never again will I get one that doesn't come with a battery pack in it.