Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Hazard lights on in the rain

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 01:52 PM
m3ch is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Rottidog
Well my view may be that they (the hazards people) are doing that to be seen. Because A: they can't see so they feel that others can't see them, or B: it may act like an intermittant fog lights so they can see... off & on. They don't realize that it interferes with other drivers' vision.

and that my friend is why people should turn on their(there? i really hate the 3 theres) lights on =p

plus, i always turn on my lights when i get in my truck, its just a habit.........besides people can see me better when i do =)

Old 07-08-2011, 01:54 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by m3ch
and that my friend is why people should turn on their(there? i really hate the 3 theres) lights on =p

plus, i always turn on my lights when i get in my truck, its just a habit.........besides people can see me better when i do =)

haha same i always got my parking lights on and also my parents yell at me since i always have them on when im towing something i tell them whats the big deal lol

EVEN in my sig i got my lights on Great .... =P

Old 07-08-2011, 04:28 PM
m3ch is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
haha same i always got my parking lights on and also my parents yell at me since i always have them on when im towing something i tell them whats the big deal lol

EVEN in my sig i got my lights on Great .... =P
i think it should just be a thing everyone should do, you are more likely to see someone who has their lights on vs a person who doesnt

and with most drivers nowadays visibility is a great thing

Old 07-08-2011, 07:09 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

Yep. Seen this for the first time about a month ago comin back from indiana beach. At first I thought there was a accident or stopped traffic. Nope just a bunch of old people confusing the hell out of everyone

Old 07-08-2011, 07:56 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

today on the way home from the auto parts it was raining hard and i saw a jeep liberty under a f250 pickup. . that jeep got damaged badly . but yea i got my lights on all the time and my headlights get turned on before it even gets dark.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:09 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Just did this today in torrential rains. It was drizzling then BAM, a wall of rain. It's helpful because the people that are in the drizzle don't realize you're slowing down until they're 3.14" from your rear bumper. When I see hazards in front of me, I know they're driving through some nasty stuff and had to slow down. Therefore, I slow down, too.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:09 PM
Starting Member
kevlar974 is on a distinguished road

I usually notice the brake lights of people slowing down in front of me at least 3.15" before I hit their bumper. lol
I agree that its a good signal initially but when people start changing lanes without any notice because both sides are allready blinking it becomes dangerous and its still illegal here.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:16 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by kevlar974
I usually notice the brake lights of people slowing down in front of me at least 3.15" before I hit their bumper. lol
I agree that its a good signal initially but when people start changing lanes without any notice because both sides are allready blinking it becomes dangerous and its still illegal here.

Well i agree with that dont get me wrong it is dangerous but having your parking lights are more safer since there on you know ?

Old 07-08-2011, 09:39 PM
Starting Member
kevlar974 is on a distinguished road

Yeah I have no problem with parking or running lights that is safer for sure.
I keep my lights on the auto setting and in that kind of rain they stay on.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:41 PM
BF Guru

well its a habit to put them on even when its not raining =P

Quick Reply: Hazard lights on in the rain