Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

hello, i am _____ and i am addicted to modding..

Old 04-20-2013, 02:55 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough
Default hello, i am _____ and i am addicted to modding..

alright, i cant be the only one out there who feels this way.

i have taken my blazer to what is the limits of my skills and budget allow. dont get me wrong i love the truck. i also have my stang which i am working on the suspension and a 97 f150 to keep my busy over the summer.

as of latley i thought about getting rid of the blazer, at first it was gas prices, then the miles on the clock are getting up there, and finally it hit me....i am bored with her!! i have ran out of mods to do and now i am ready to move on forsaking her for a stock who knows what...just to have something to monkey with.

anyone else find themselves in this position??? i am afraid that i have become addicted to modding my cars. the stang will be done in couple of weeks and i will move onto my truck. the truck has a body lift and other various things i have stock piled to install.

already i am wondering what i will do after those vehicles are done!! my biggest fear now is that i am so used to modding that i cant just be happy with what i have done and will continue to pick at them and look for a car just for the sake of screwing with it.

there....its off my chest...i had to say it somewhere....figured it should be here.

Last edited by warthogdriver; 04-20-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:50 PM
KM346 will become famous soon enough

LOL @ stockpiling parts, I thought i was the only one who did that!

Dont sell it there is always something else you can do with it, just becomes more expensive / labor intensive when you start running out of mods.

I definitely know the feeling though. Every vehicle i own including my motorcycle, Camaro, GF's jeep and even my dirtbikes are modded to some extent.... and there's always a list in my head of things i want/could do to all of them. I just cant afford it!

Last edited by KM346; 04-20-2013 at 03:54 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:03 PM
Starting Member
95BlackGA is an unknown quantity at this point

Buy a low mileage first gen. S10 pickup? Build a true trail rig out of the Blazer. Yes, that does require a lot of money. Hell, you'd be starting with a solid foundation. SFA and V8/Cummins 4BT swap.

Old 04-20-2013, 05:20 PM
gitch93 is on a distinguished road

i get bored fast with vehicles and its mt a.d.d. i love to tinker with things but theres always something u can do to fix ur ride up take a look at my build page ive changed ideas and came up with new ones and ways to fix her up hell she even cought fire and i still kept building on her. my next steps are for lockers,fix some lilttle things and build custom rock sliders and such.

Old 04-20-2013, 05:55 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

Yeah...not thinking of selling her now that i figured out its me. Rock sliders are a good idea...been thinking of something to replace those steps i have since they are shot. I just need to make a plan now.

Old 04-20-2013, 06:40 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

I have stockpiled parts in the garage, but my modding is really to the extent of lighting. I want to keep the body, stance ect stock, Might do the rims black with plasti dip to see how it looks though haha

Old 04-20-2013, 07:55 PM
247monster will become famous soon enough

i cant stand stock vehicals lol
everything ive ever owned has had something done to it...
the big three things i have always done to all my cars are tint, lights, and some sort of system

between ebay, craigslist, and junk yards....i always find something that i think "yea that could look sweet" lol

Old 04-20-2013, 08:56 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

I have to admit that I feel exactly the same.

Got the blazer, started into it right off the bat. Spent 1800 on wheels and tires for a $500 vehicle I dont even drive and all that did was secure its position in my garage. Im up to about $5000 now into the blazer alone, and I have a huge stockpile of parts for it too. I dont think Ill ever drive it again cause I love my silverado. But Ill keep it and get it finished and inspected so my kids can use it. One will be driving in 4 years, so Ive got time.

Then I got the Silverado... A set of wheels and tires, lift, and a whole crapload of exterior mods to it already and I think Ive had it for a year and a half now... Ive got a pile of parts for it now too, and probably $4000 in parts and mods already to it.

Then I got the wife a new Yukon... Same idea, but not so much money on the mods. She doesnt want wheels and tires, so I plan on plasti-dipping the stock wheels. Did the headlights and tail lights, tinted it, interior LEDs, exterior LEDs, intake, and Ive stopped there for now. I intend on lowering the Yukon this summer.

I have yet to own a vehicle that I didnt go *****-to-the-wall on modding. I just dont have it in me to leave it alone the way it is. I will always find something that I can improve the looks or functionality on.

My name is Thomas, and I am a modder.

Last edited by ohsofly; 04-20-2013 at 08:59 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:20 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by 247monster
i cant stand stock vehicals lol
everything ive ever owned has had something done to it...
the big three things i have always done to all my cars are tint, lights, and some sort of system

between ebay, craigslist, and junk yards....i always find something that i think "yea that could look sweet" lol
Same here, I want to keep it "factory" minus the lights, and system.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:02 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

01 civic coupe bought it B/N
removed the stock wheels and tires and maxed out the size/ width without causing clearance issues , exhaust , tint and stereo all in the first year

06 Suzuki Bandit bought it in the middle of the winter
Before I even rode it , mini LED signals , rear fender shovel chop,relocate rear licence tag ,corbin seat ,HID lighting ,jetting and Yoshi exhaust

04 Suzuki Katana , jetting , gel seat , corbin seat, D&D exhaust , mini LED signals , Ohlins shock upgrade and fender shovel chop
It had to leave, wife thought I had to many vehicles

05 Blazer , just getting started LOL

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: hello, i am _____ and i am addicted to modding..