Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Help me choose a welder!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 07:03 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Help me choose a welder!

Very true on the running out of gas. That won't be a problem when working on my Chevelle as my dad has 4 large tanks full sitting in his shop. I'm not even bringing my own tank when I go out there! Not to mention flux-core wire is $$$. Way more money than solid core + gas.

Old 11-08-2007, 05:13 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

really? i didnt know it costed that much more than the regular wire. ithought it was just a little bit more

Old 11-08-2007, 06:55 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It was about $12 for a 2# spool of common steel wire. It was over $30 for a 2# spool of flux core!!

Old 11-08-2007, 07:51 PM

wow that was a big difference. i believe i would just use the gas then. i never had to buy it, school paid for it so it didnt matter to me.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:27 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to resurrect this one but I'm looking at two Lincoln's. The 3200hd and the 140hd.
The only differences if can find are:
3200hd can only run .035" flux cored wire while the 140 can run both .030" and .035" flux cored.
3200hd output ranges 25-135 amp, 140hd 30-140 amp.
140 has .5 volt higher volt output=19.5 vs 19 for the 3200hd
The 140 is almost $50.00 more. Is it worth it?

http://www.mylincolnelectric.com/Cat...n&59615=on

Old 02-07-2009, 01:53 PM
Administrator

I would go for the 140HD if you were choosing between the two of them.

Old 02-07-2009, 02:04 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

I was leaning that way because of the options but does that 5 thousandths make that much of a difference.

Old 02-14-2009, 09:00 PM

wow this is an old thread. lol i agree w/ kyle on the 140hd,
p.s you still using that miller kyle?

Old 02-15-2009, 03:51 PM
Administrator

Over 25lbs of wire through it and love it every time I strike an arc!!

Old 02-15-2009, 06:43 PM

thats cool, so you should be pretty good w/ it then. im starting to look into buyin a welder now, but i want a stick/tig welder, for what i need. i have became a certified welder now in tig and stickso i guess all my time has paid off lol.

Quick Reply: Help me choose a welder!