Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Hey Howie, Suck On This!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 01:54 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Hey Howie, Suck On This!

So I really wanted this to go in "Brainstroming/Performance" or even "General Chat", but sadly I think this is the only/best fit.

So have you seen the super cheesey Chevy comercials with Howie Long talking down to you only to make a simple 1 liner about Honda lawn mowers at the end? Well F that guy and his flat top...

Here's my plan:

i currently have this moVVer:

I want to do the following mods:
Chassis:
*Bedline underside (dont mix so it's smooth) to protect against cancer caused by wet grass build up
*Bedline outside (normal)
*1st gen Red and orange "4x4" emblems to the sides
*paint plastic motor cover OD green and mount a blazer emblem to the front
*wrap 1st gen steering wheel vinyol 'leather' around main handle
*od green rubberized coating on blade control and clutch handles
*Debadge the clippings bag (paint it OD Green)<--ended up black

Drive Train:
*Seafoam
*new Plug (delco plat of course)
*10w30 oil change
*just got a new blades, carb assembly, and air filter so we're good there.
*maybe a 190cc motor swap

Suspension:
*Bedline platic wheels for a more aggressive off -road tread patteren (worked on my jungle boots)

Future Upgrades:
*Figure out some sort of dynamo power drive to run one or two 2.5" drive lights for low light offroad mowing

red means done

it would be the only 160cc Blazer there is. It would kick all of my neighbor's Poulan Pushing asses. It would be kind of fun and actually everything listed would extend the life of the mower quite a bit....
Look, i am fully aware of both 1) how bad *** this would be, and 2) how OMFG redneck! this is to want....
Basically I want this:

Attached Thumbnails Hey Howie, Suck On This!-hrr216vxa_250x250.jpg  

Last edited by ABN31B; 02-14-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:17 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Should do the *edit* again to make sure you are pushing a mower... not a mover....

"Here's my plan:

i currently have this mover:"

Old 01-16-2010, 03:35 AM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

Your going to need to bolt a Flowmaster 40 on the side of it aswell
A mini turbo would be good [Tim the tool man Taylor it]hurrhurrhurr

Old 01-16-2010, 04:31 AM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

I say go for it! I had a honda mower similar to yours only alot older approximately well made in 1986 and still being used by my brother in law. 24 years of service is a good return for an investment on a mower! The craftsman mower we have now cant even compete with that old honda! BTW you might want to look into a set of gator blades.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:01 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Make sure you get one of those fancy self-propelled ones.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:11 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, so that when the drive mechanism breaks (which it will, I've had several) you can have a really heavy push mower.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:38 AM
Starting Member
1oldK5 is on a distinguished road

You got nothing on MOWZILLA! AHAHAH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omO_NlizEPU

Old 01-16-2010, 12:12 PM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rriddle3
Yeah, so that when the drive mechanism breaks (which it will, I've had several) you can have a really heavy push mower.
It's only a mower, besides the drive aint that hard to fix.

Old 01-16-2010, 07:07 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

I re-built this thing, even had the foot rests line-x'd. Who cares about it being redneck. I get all the bitches on this beast.

Old 02-14-2011, 06:35 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

So I was going through my to-do list and found this little project and smirked at how awesome it would have been...
Then, as i was changing the fluids in the mower getting her ready to tackle another spring/summer's worth of yard taming action, I noticed my engine wobbled. Hmm... closer inspection showed that 3 of the 4 mounting points on the deck had cracked, and one was a complete spiderweb of split metal.

Luckily this pig is steel, and my neighbor can weld. Long story short, I used a brush on a grinder to chew up the battered powered coating, dusted off the rust, and cleaned up some of the matted grass. I cut patches out of sheet metal and hade my neighbor tack them to the top to distribute the load a bit, and weld the hell out of the bottom.

With that done, it was time to rust-coverting primer the whole thing. The bottom of the deck , front lip, and main hand grip was done with rubberized under coating, then everything was coated in spray on bed liner (can liner). I re-routed the drive cable for the self-propelled action up the center (read as routed through the wrong hole) and gave her a general tune up. New oil, some lucas, new fuel, some lucas fuel cleaner, a new filter, new grease in the drive gears, and a new spark plug.

I did not paint the plastic, and the bag is black but not pictured here. Oh, and there was a couple add-ons for more horse power...
<-- click pic to see a few more of the process if you care. (they are in reverse order for some reason... )

It rolls like a champ, there is no more wobble anywhere, and it starts like it's brand new. (did a complete carb clean and new gaskets last year) Very happy with the results, I just need a small bow tie decal for the front of the deck, and a Vortec sticker for the engine. Still too wet to move, But with the edge I put on the blades with a bench grinder, there shouldn't be any problems there

What do you think? Too bad I don't mod my rig like this

Last edited by ABN31B; 02-14-2011 at 07:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Hey Howie, Suck On This!