Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Hmm How much should i charge her guys?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 10:31 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about
Default Hmm How much should i charge her guys?

Ok,my mother called me and gave me her friends number. Its a lady whos getting out of a divorce and is on a limited budget. Shes got a honda crv suv which needs both oxygen sensors and a oil change done/replaced. She ordered (well i ordered for her) the oxy sensors tonight. and im just going to get a jug of mobil 5000 at walmart for 12 bucks and a filter.

I feel bad for charging her a bunch since her husband left her recently for her childs babysitter,but shes 45 minutes to a hour away,my blazer gets 14 mpg and im in a tight spot money wise too.

Ive done looked at the sensors,they seem easy to get too. Oil change is a breeze.

Im guessing it'll cost 15 bucks for fuel. then say 40 for labor. Shouldnt take but an hour. $60 sound fair? I even saved her 75.00 by ordering the sensors off rockauto. Those suckers were 85 and 125 apiece at advance. Got em both for 125. SAME ones too.

Old 09-20-2011, 10:54 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

60 sounds like a good deal, mechanic would probably charge 2-3x that. And with the price for gas she would probably understand that part to.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:09 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Don't ever feel bad. You're already saving her a ton. Just tell her $75 for your time (including gas) and be done with it. Or do an hourly rate for labor and .50/mile.

Also, how did she know she needs the oxygen sensors replaced? Be prepared to deal with any followup if replacing them doesn't fix the problem...

Old 09-20-2011, 11:16 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer
Don't ever feel bad. You're already saving her a ton. Just tell her $75 for your time (including gas) and be done with it. Or do an hourly rate for labor and .50/mile.

Also, how did she know she needs the oxygen sensors replaced? Be prepared to deal with any followup if replacing them doesn't fix the problem...

i agree works work moneys money she is saving for not bringing it to a shop

Old 09-20-2011, 11:22 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer

Well,apparently she took it to autozone,they pulled codes and was coming up the o2 heaters. Then she took it to a mechanic and said they were bad. She insisted on buying them,so we did. Il change em if that doesnt fix it we will look into it.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:35 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by chris015
Well,apparently she took it to autozone,they pulled codes and was coming up the o2 heaters. Then she took it to a mechanic and said they were bad. She insisted on buying them,so we did. Il change em if that doesnt fix it we will look into it.

BOTH O2 heaters?!!!!! Not real likely, but if they're 100kmile on them I guess you can justify new anyway.

You looking for a Honda site/forum to check it out?

Old 09-20-2011, 11:41 PM
BF Veteran

Well,not both. but one. I dont know which one. Il have it scanned myself this weekend when i go to do it. In my time of o2 sensors usually when 1 fails the other one is right behind it. I told her that we could replace one and replace the other later whenever it goes out. She said to do both since she wouldnt have to pay a mechanic again to do the other. Her call. i explained to her the options etc. Besides the things got 128k on it.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:44 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

at least she knows her options

whats up with the car any ways just bad gas mileage and an ses light ?

Edit: thanks for reminding me my truck needs a oil change thats my next project

Old 09-20-2011, 11:47 PM
BF Veteran

Well,She said it wants to hold back sometimes. She had the timing belt was changed back in july. Weird thing is the car was 3 QUARTS low on oil. I think they only hold like 4 1/2 quarts to begin with. It was dark,so i couldnt see any leaks.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:58 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Most I've ever charged to work on a friend's/friend of family's vehicle was a 12 pack.

Karma has a way of sneaking up on you.

Quick Reply: Hmm How much should i charge her guys?