Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

How Blazers stand up in a crash!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Red Horse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: How Blazers stand up in a crash!

ORIGINAL: drperry

Up here in oil patch country, we've got a lot of bandaid/ems services... And the all have at least one 4 door Blazer on staff

Two or three of them are the '95 era, and there's even a 1st gen!

As for airbags... How do they affect people with glasses?
I don't really want to go blind if mine ever goes off...
I answer too your question about eye glasses V.S. Air bags all the injuries appear too be alike, you'll have two small cuts where the eye glasses rest on each side of the nose but I've never seen a pair break and cause damage too the eyes themselves, they usually get knocked off the face though so if you need them to see real good consider one of those things that hang them from around your neck so if it happens they will not end up in the back seat or out the window.
Hope thie helps?

Old 01-09-2009, 06:53 PM

I didn't mean to get anyone pissed about what it's like too be an Emt out here, just saying, the day might come when the local tow truck driver will be trying too save your life because no one else wants the job.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Byte Stryke

well, when they revert back to the true "meat wagon" style of ambulance services,and mortality soars; maybe they will appreciate EMTs more.
Here in Kuwait... the ambulance personel are also the hospital janitors.
From what I could tell, your a soldier over in the sand box?
From an Ex-Mp (12th MP Bt. Delta Company) Thanks you for serving your country, we are proud of all of our soldiers over there, please do your best too stay safe and return home soon.
A greatful civillian.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:14 PM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

ORIGINAL: Red Horse

I didn't mean to get anyone pissed about what it's like too be an Emt out here, just saying, the day might come when the local tow truck driver will be trying too save your life because no one else wants the job.
You didn't **** any one off...in fact, I placed your post on the break room wall, and everyone is moved to tears...of laughter..it's a good read..

Old 01-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Tippman7641 is an unknown quantity at this point

hmmm. idk if you guys rember me, but i venture back here once in a while, well i have been in an accident in both my blazer and my accord, both at 20 mph

UNIbody VS. FRAME

Old 01-10-2009, 03:06 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

I dont really think thats a good example of unibody vs body on frame...more like truck vs nancy honda..

Old 01-10-2009, 04:30 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

A good example of a solid uni-body is a W-Body car

People have hit deers with those cars @ 60 MPH and had less than $600 Canadian worth of damage... That's dead center of the deer, not a glancing blow.

Old 01-10-2009, 01:20 PM
FoxTrota is an unknown quantity at this point

I feel pretty comfortable in my blazer, even though when i rear ended a Saturn i got all the damage, luckily it was only my bumper and no one got hurt, the cost totaled $99 and i installed it myself. I would still feel better in a blazer than a jeep or Honda. From accidents I've seen the SUV's come out on top and seat belts being worn always save the persons life. I responded to an accident where a GMC Jimmy hit a red mercury sable and sent it into a house. The Jimmy's wheel got taken off by the curb but the driver was okay. I don't like the "huge" SUV's like the Chevy Suburban or Toyota Armada because they're just so big and useless. there low to the ground so they can only go on small trails and roads, I like the small s10's and little SUV's which have purpose and can do almost anything, with little or no modification.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:51 PM
Psychropod is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: FoxTrota
I don't like the "huge" SUV's like the Chevy Suburban or Toyota Armada because they're just so big and useless. there low to the ground so they can only go on small trails and roads, I like the small s10's and little SUV's which have purpose and can do almost anything, with little or no modification.
I totally agree. And the V6 provides a good amount of power without trading off fuel economy, as long as it`s tuned right. I just wish they had given us a stick-shift option in the four-door! Oh well...

Old 01-12-2009, 12:14 AM
Starting Member
Blazin1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Toyota Armada???? J/K I know you mean NISSAN Armada!!! I also feel secure in my Blazer all though it is SALVAGE because of a front end collision. When I bought it, it was already fixed but I could tell what had been fixed and there was no MAJOR damage (no frame damage).

Quick Reply: How Blazers stand up in a crash!