Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

How Have You Helped Other Blazer Owners?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 11:55 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about
Default How Have You Helped Other Blazer Owners?

This is a random help thread....

I had a buddy come over to my fiancee's and had a headlight out...

He picked up a 95-96 Blazer... for 1000 and has put a bit of money into it, but its a decent truck with about 155-160k on the clock, well he and a friend were adjusting his headlights and messed up his passenger side, well we pulled the headlight out, and somehow the prongs we F'ed up BAD, so I broke out some pliers and bent them back into working order....

Just thought I would start a thread for people to post helping out fellow blazer owners....

Old 05-22-2010, 11:14 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not trying to be a hard case about it but this thread just has too much potential for confusion. Especially in the case of new members, or others, who might try to post in it asking technical questions.

*EDIT* Kyle had a good idea about changing the thread title (which I did) to clarify it a little.

Old 05-23-2010, 02:15 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Well, I bought my blazer off someone who had a broken one tying up a rental parking stall for a year and a half at 50 bucks a month. I helped them out by taking the busted truck off their hands for 300 dollars and fixing it to use myself... I really like it now. I also try to help out owners in these forums as often as I can. I also used my big work truck one winter to pull a ladys 2wd blazer up a hill she couldnt get up on the ice. I gave a dude whos blazer was broken down on the road a ride home in the rain the other day and checked his truck quick for him, he needs a fuel pump probably. I told him about the site and that he can change the pump himself quite easy and he said he was going to try and do it himself and would check out this site for help.

Old 05-23-2010, 02:22 AM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

I told a customer who's son has a 2000 ZR2 about the forum and I post up responces here on some tech questions.

Old 05-23-2010, 10:02 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

sadly none of my friends have blazers... I'm usually helping with bmw's and fords haha

Old 05-23-2010, 10:57 AM
Joemakerman is on a distinguished road

The closest thing I come to it would be helping out my coworker at work, who's wife owns a Jimmy lol. No one I know really owns a Blazer, and I never see like a broken down Blazer on the side of the road or anything to where I could help them.

-Joe

Old 05-23-2010, 02:19 PM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

I'm like ohsofly. I bought my Blazer off my wife's nephew (sure helped him out and lightened my wallet considerably by the time I got done getting it legal) and sure learned a lot about Blazers by the time I got (almost) done with it. Been wrench burning for about 40 years and try to help guys out here on the forum (somehow I'm one of the few who answers people with electrical issues) when I can. Some people actually say thank you every once in a while. Some others...well you know the type. Hey, I'm a big boy. I can take it. It's fun. I've been on disability for about a year - doctor doesn't want me working anymore so between my piddling with my stuff and trying to help others, it's OK. Next project is restoring my Jimmy (again).

Old 05-23-2010, 10:07 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

Mailed a 60 degree balancer bolt to a member here free of charge

Old 05-23-2010, 10:34 PM
jdespain is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately, none of my friends own Blazers. I did help my brother replace the front "dog house" on his first generation and do an engine swap when his threw a rod. I have also helped my brother-in-law repair a second generation that had been wrecked that he bought for my sister. If I can say so, it looks real good now since he painted the truck. You can't even tell the front corner had ever been smashed in.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:33 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Other than my daily activities here, I have a number of friends and family that own s-series vehicles. I help them whenever they need it.

Quick Reply: How Have You Helped Other Blazer Owners?