Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

How in the world do kids have all this money for nice cars

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 01:38 PM
Starting Member
99Legendary is on a distinguished road
Default How in the world do kids have all this money for nice cars

I am completely stumped.

I am 19 years old, just started a job that is more like a part-time job, but hours vary. For example, I only got 7 hours for all of last week, but the week before that I got 25 hours. I am making 11.50 an hour here which is almost double what I made at my previous job. Kids I worked with at my previous job making minimum wage are usually all driving STI's and what not.

Anyway, I see kids, like high school kids driving around in WRX STI's, Evos, Giant lifted Rubicons and what not. I want a STI really bad, but they are 20k even for the older years.

I am stuck here working this job, with no bills to pay right now except car insurance and school, and barely have enough money to put gas in the blazer. I been wanting to lift it for a year now and never got around to it, and lift kits only cost 200$

How the hell do these kids afford cars like this? Half of them live with their parents in some town house in the ghetto. Is there some kind of secret I don't know about? lol

Old 02-04-2013, 02:01 PM
Banned
chestypuller can only hope to improve

haha ive been wondering this same thing my whole life, i have always come from a middle class working family and have had to fight tooth and nail for anything i have owned.

I think it has to be parents cosign the loans, and everyone is barley making the payments, seems like a terrible way to live just to have a fancy car.

Old 02-04-2013, 02:04 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

They have no other bills and live at home or daddy bought it for them. BUT you will appreciate your stuff more and take better care of it

Old 02-04-2013, 02:12 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Simple, Mom and Dad. Spoiled little kids.

Old 02-04-2013, 02:50 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enough

I had far more disposable income when i was 19. No mortgage, phone, power, cel.....bills. Any 'kid' that has a nice vehicle is making payments, or mommy/daddy paid for it. My Dad co-signed a loan so I could buy my first truck. It was all I could afford working part time after school.

Old 02-04-2013, 03:31 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

some are not above stealing to supplement their income

Just because they are driving it doesnt mean its payed for either

vehicles are a poor investment BTW , even worse if your worried about what people think about what your driving

Old 02-04-2013, 03:32 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Mom and dad... When I was 18 I had a sweet little lowered custom Z24 that daddy bought. It was fun having the sweetest ride of all my friends, but it did nothing to teach me the value of a dollar... I was terrible with money until the day I had my own family and had to teach myself how to budget the hard way.

Now at 33 I've finally got my shat together, and have nice cars again.

I also used to sell weed when I was in my early 20s... I don't reccomend it at all. I lucked out and never got caught. I got out when I started dealing with the kinds of people that scared me. I wouldn't have anything to do with those types normally, but found myself making 10k deals with scary dudes once a week. It would only have been a matter of time before one of them killed me, ripped me off, or something else equally bad. I stopped selling that stuff cold turkey one day, gave the phone and customers to one of my customers who wanted the job, and never looked back...

It's best to drive what you can earn on your own. All the easy ways have negative drawbacks.

Besides, all those kids with fancy rides are never gonna be independant, they will be on mommy's tit forever, and when they are older, girls will see that and those dudes will find themselves with nothing to offer a partner but a ride in a nice car.

Last edited by ohsofly; 02-04-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:19 PM
trobbins is on a distinguished road

also they could of inherrited money if someone in family died or something

Last edited by trobbins; 02-04-2013 at 06:46 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:30 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

New 3 guys who where brothers, (not black ha ha) who sold weed and each one had a nice car AND a nice street bike

Old 02-04-2013, 05:55 PM
Banned
chestypuller can only hope to improve

double post

Last edited by chestypuller; 02-04-2013 at 05:57 PM.

Quick Reply: How in the world do kids have all this money for nice cars