The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

How's Work Going?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 08:38 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Works going good I got a side job driving a dump truck delivering firewood
I get 15 bucks an hour

then im still working as a computer tech/network tech for a full time

Old 08-17-2011, 10:01 PM
zr2dan is on a distinguished road

i live in central Indiana im in the agriculture industry so as long as people eat i can always work 80hrs a week and get payed half of what im worth

Old 08-18-2011, 08:03 PM
Starting Member
kevlar974 is on a distinguished road

I know the feeling zr2dan as long as people keep eating they keep sh*tting and I have a job.
It's like we're in the same industry just on opposite ends. lol

Old 08-18-2011, 08:17 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Literally! lmao In every sence of the term

Keeping on that topic... as long as the USA is at odds with someone or someone is at odds with them - I have a job too... so I'd say my job is secure.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:23 PM
Starting Member

Yeah we're running out of good adversaries.
Putting people in power and fighting them later can only last so long.
If we get bored we'll even fight eachother. (1861-1865)

Old 09-07-2011, 09:52 PM
Starting Member

Just incase anybody really needs work I hear things are busy in N.D.
oil field work.
Not sure what the cost of living is like.
Any members in that area or across the border can you confirm this?

Old 09-07-2011, 09:55 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by kevlar974
Just incase anybody really needs work I hear things are busy in N.D.
oil field work.
Not sure what the cost of living is like.
Any members in that area or across the border can you confirm this?
Oil fields in North Dakota?

<Edit/google> http://www.google.ca/search?q=north+...w&ved=0CCkQqAI
Who'd a thunk it? Not me. wow!

Last edited by Rottidog; 09-07-2011 at 09:58 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:10 PM
Starting Member
Senshi09 is on a distinguished road

Wow all of you guys have these awesome sounding jobs. No wonder you all know so much about motors and such, most of you either went to school for it or are in the industry for it. Me.. well i did neither and know enough :P

As for my job field.. *stares into the open world* I have nothing at the moment. I was a pizza shop manager for a few months.. until my boss pissed me off to the point of either quitting or knocking his teeth down his throat. You should never make fun of someone that is 6'3, over 300lbs and has trained most of his life in martial arts and weights.. never a good idea..

Then I went to be a call tech for a cable company.. but that didn't pan out since I love to drink monster and never bothered to read the ingrediats before taking a drug test.. FYI in case your wondering.. they have oxycodone in them.. and that throws up a red flag in drug tests.

Now im a bum living off unemployment until I get the call back from the Aarons company to be a product technician or the call from the cabelas Distribution warehouse to be whatever it is they do there. Hopefully soon because 226 every 2 weeks is definately NOT going to pan out..

as for hows the jobs around me.. well... if you have a degree with around 4-8 years experiance in the field you are looking for you are all set. Otherwise.. McDonalds is always hiring. Hell the Oldest shop in my city is going out of buisiness. Makes me sad because I loved going across the street and talking to the owner and workers. It would of been the ONLY shop I would ever take my vehicles to.

Last edited by Senshi09; 09-07-2011 at 11:15 PM.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:08 AM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

PFFT....Job....ha. I'm currently laid off from my company (Motor-coach charters).

As far as the market in general. Well I'm a certified mechanic, and hold a CDL B, and both credentials are absolutely useless at this point. It's so bad that I personally know a guy who 2 years ago was CEO of a pharmaceuticals company. He worked for my company for a few weeks and now works at McDonalds

Old 09-08-2011, 09:53 AM
Dweeberman is on a distinguished road
Default How's Work Going?

Well lets see...i work in El Dorado Hills, CA for a Private Investigations Office. I have worked here for 2 years in the Administration department. Our company is based on Automotive repossessions when people default on their loans so our business is well....doing quite well! On my end of the repo agency, i locate you with every tool i have in my arsenal based on all your information. We use your family as our resources, your neighbors, hell we might even use your dog Once we locate your whereabouts we send a tow truck (repo agent) out there to scout the area and if they spot your car, truck, boat, travel trailer, recreational vehicles, motor homes, and more, we throw it on the tow truck and drive off. Being that someone goes in default and if you have a lien on your vehicle, that vehicle is technically not yours until it is paid off. So we get the clients unit back for them (client examples - Ally Financial, Toyota, Ford, BMW and hundreds more)...might be a little different then some other jobs but it pays my bills (sort of)...being that im pretty young (just turned 21) i dont make much now but the possibilities here are endless. There you all have it, thats my work life feel free to ask questions if you have any!

Quick Reply: How's Work Going?