Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Hummer Going to Chinese

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 01:26 PM
cr8390 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hummer Going to Chinese

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090602/.../us_automakers

Read it, Hummers being bought out by a Chinese buyer also they said saturn and saab may have potienal buyers

Old 06-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Thor_449 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sweet Mother Of Pearls, sad sad day......so what now we are going to be buying or military equipment from the chinese? that kinda spells disaster

Old 06-02-2009, 02:46 PM
packofqtips is an unknown quantity at this point

the hummer is a tahoe stopped being a military vehicle along time ago

Old 06-02-2009, 02:50 PM
Thor_449 is an unknown quantity at this point

shows my own ignorence then

Old 06-04-2009, 09:46 AM
maximino is an unknown quantity at this point

well, that is going to sound weird... "yeah dude, just got me a china made hummer, ain't it dope?"

Last edited by maximino; 06-04-2009 at 09:50 AM.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:07 AM
Starting Member
hkellogg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Thor_449
Sweet Mother Of Pearls, sad sad day......so what now we are going to be buying or military equipment from the chinese? that kinda spells disaster
AM General is not part of the sale, Hummer produces the h2 and h3 and a h2 hybrid coming out soon, the H1 and H1 alpha are made by AM general and most h1s are being phased out of the military for this

Old 06-07-2009, 12:34 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Originally Posted by hkellogg
are being phased out of the military for this *see crazy picture*
WHOA! Where the hell did you hear that?!? I know the whole MRAP vehicle line (there are more than a dozen being used right now) are temporary to fill in for the aged (and abused) HMMWVs. But that POS?! Please link me to where you heard that! that POS is useless. The turret allows less than 270 degree security. Yo I need a new job if they stick me in that bull ****. I wouldn't even allow support folk to roll in my convy in that death trap. Holy **** that is a terrible design! All you have to do is wait for it to be parallel to your position when you light it up, then as they pass beyond your position, they couldn't even shoot back!!! that worse than the Strykers they had to weld shopping carts too to keep the kids inside alive!

Also, Hummer never built a single HMMWV (military vehicle). They took some old HMMWVs and added rearview mirrors, climate controls, street legal lights, a plastic covered dash, etc to make them streetable (as stated above). AM General won the military contract to replace the CUTVs (M1009 i think) Blazers and Broncos in the mid-to-late 80's

Akso, I would take a Tahoe over an H3 hands down. I feel so gay driving the H3s around.

Last edited by ABN31B; 06-07-2009 at 12:49 AM.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:57 AM
Starting Member
hkellogg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABN31B
WHOA! Where the hell did you hear that?!? I know the whole MRAP vehicle line (there are more than a dozen being used right now) are temporary to fill in for the aged (and abused) HMMWVs. But that POS?! Please link me to where you heard that! that POS is useless. The turret allows less than 270 degree security. Yo I need a new job if they stick me in that bull ****. I wouldn't even allow support folk to roll in my convy in that death trap. Holy **** that is a terrible design! All you have to do is wait for it to be parallel to your position when you light it up, then as they pass beyond your position, they couldn't even shoot back!!! that worse than the Strykers they had to weld shopping carts too to keep the kids inside alive!

Also, Hummer never built a single HMMWV (military vehicle). They took some old HMMWVs and added rearview mirrors, climate controls, street legal lights, a plastic covered dash, etc to make them streetable (as stated above). AM General won the military contract to replace the CUTVs (M1009 i think) Blazers and Broncos in the mid-to-late 80's

Akso, I would take a Tahoe over an H3 hands down. I feel so gay driving the H3s around.
I heard it 2 years ago that all humvees in the warzones were going to be replaced by MRAP and that Humvees were going to be used for base use and what not, I also heard the army has commissioned a new light weight military vehicle but I don't have a link, I used to read defense digest and leatherneck

Old 06-07-2009, 12:56 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Ah, Ok. Tracking now. This must have been a part of the MRAP program then.

Back to topic, Hummer sucked anyway. H2 and H3 are awful looking. H3T might be fun for a weekend, and the H3X (i think) the ZR2 of the H3 line looked badass, beyond that, the Chinese can have them. Just send more Spicy Mustard and Fried shrimp and we'll call it even.

Old 06-07-2009, 01:44 PM
cr8390 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by abn31b
just send more spicy mustard and fried shrimp and we'll call it even.
hahahaha

Quick Reply: Hummer Going to Chinese