Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Hunters?

Old 11-21-2010, 04:54 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hunters?

So how many of you guys/gals hunt?

Yesterday was opening day of the deer season for shotguns in my area. I was only able to be out until 10am because I had to prepare for a wedding in the afternoon, but it was an optimistic opening day. I saw four deer right close to when I was going to be getting back to my truck. My dad had taken a few shots at them from over 200 yards and scared them back through the woods we were in. When they popped out the east side of the woods where I was, I would have had to take a ~250yd shot... I didn't bother. We'll see if they are back around tomorrow.

The buck was easily twice the size of the 3 does that were with him and had a pretty nice rack from what I could see.

Old 11-21-2010, 05:17 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

I used to hunt dove and deer every year up until my longtime hunting buddy decided to die a couple of years ago. Haven't even had an interest in shooting at the range since then.

Old 11-21-2010, 09:41 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Don't hunt but I love to fish!
Had a 'new to me' GF & bass boat... kept the important one

Attached Thumbnails Hunters?-dsc01707.jpg   Hunters?-dsc01696-rs.jpg  
Old 11-21-2010, 10:38 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Ironic as it is, a friend emailed me this tonight.
HAD to put it here lol

OK, so you're out hunting and it's the beginning of the rut, bucks and does are running around like they have no brain whatsoever, you know your buddy is in the next blind over and you're both hoping to get a deer on opening weekend, when all of a sudden you look out to your left and see this.....

.....What are you supposed to do?

Do you shoot the one with the bigger rack.......or the gay one?

Attached Thumbnails Hunters?-bigger-rack.jpg  
Old 11-21-2010, 10:42 PM
Thor_449 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would let the straight one finish then shoot the bigger one. I hunt but I'm at school, hoping to get the tail end of deer season though because we have an overpopulation of deer out by me.

Old 11-27-2010, 07:23 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I've been out every morning since posting this thread. I had an opportunity to take down a medium sized doe Monday morning, but passed it up because there were a few decent sized bucks out in the field further. The bucks never came close enough to take a shot and the doe moved out of range as well... Later that morning there was a very small button buck that was playing around under my stand.

Haven't seen anything else all week and I won't have time to go out again until next weekend.

Old 11-27-2010, 08:41 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough