Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

And i bet they'll say we're in a drought in a few weeks

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 08:50 PM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough
Default And i bet they'll say we're in a drought in a few weeks

Well the NE is being pummeled by rain yet again. Figured i'd give ya'll some insight as to what's going on in my area.

http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/river...+River+Page%21

All the graphs on this page are in my area.....lots of roads closed already.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:19 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

yea we are getting flooded badly too again by lee

Old 09-07-2011, 09:33 PM

I went out and found all the flooded roads i could just so i could play in the water with the blazer .

Although i was careful not to get in over my head (literally)

Old 09-07-2011, 09:35 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

haha my blazers been threw 2 ft of water already thank god i lifted it this summer

Old 09-07-2011, 09:36 PM

are the 2nd gens higher than the 1 gens stock? Cause yours doesn't look too much higher than mine....although i would love about 4" lift on mine.....i hate body lifts though and suspension lifts are hard on IFS

Old 09-07-2011, 09:41 PM
BF Guru

yes there a bit higher and zr2s are even higher

I only have a 1.5 inch tbar cranks and 2 inch shackles on 31s

Old 09-07-2011, 09:55 PM

Hows the angle on your cv's? I'm a little frightened of doing tbar cranks at this point because of horror stories i've heard. Also doing an SOA on the rear end would give me about 4 inches from what i read, and i can only get about 1.5 out of the tbars so i'd still have a 3.5" higher rear than front (front sit's an inch low now)

Old 09-07-2011, 10:45 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
haha my blazers been threw 2 ft of water already thank god i lifted it this summer
Originally Posted by Mike98Blazer
are the 2nd gens higher than the 1 gens stock? Cause yours doesn't look too much higher than mine....although i would love about 4" lift on mine.....i hate body lifts though and suspension lifts are hard on IFS
BL's are ok, depending on what you like. SL's should not be hard on componants if they're made right. I've been through about 3' of water or so - on 32's, 3" BL & TB tweek/1" lift rear shackles. And that's with air being drawn into the engine (supercharger)... yeah I was dumb/careless but I made it.

Personally I really don't like the concept of water crossings (deep) unless you have the vehicle properly set up for it & that takes a lot!
Diffs, electrical, air intake, cooling fans, cabin sealent etc...

Old 09-07-2011, 10:58 PM
Starting Member
Senshi09 is on a distinguished road

We been getting almost non-stop rain for the past 3 days now. I watched my street flood and then watched people in little mini coopers attempt to go down it and get stuck. I laughed. I tried taking my blazer out in it, but i have no lift and my tires are almost completely bald. It didn't work out to well. I got halfway out my drive before my tires decided that the asphalt was to wet and they just spun in place. I laughed almost hysterically because of that. I wanted to go down the road and see how far sideways I could maintain it, but i think im glad I didn't get out the drive.

Sad reality of it is-its supposed to keep raining for the rest of the week and half way into next week before we get any sun again

Old 09-07-2011, 11:04 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

I want to drive there... I LOVE going out in inclement weather & hauling people out, for fun, because I can & ...well just to be a good guy to someone that could have had a better day & I helped it be not so bad for them.

Quick Reply: And i bet they'll say we're in a drought in a few weeks