Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

i found Kyle!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 10:15 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light
Default i found Kyle!

i know many of us have probably seen Kyle's personal site in his sig, but has anyone ever gone & looked @ it?

well, i never really thought much about it, but while i was Googling(?) something for my 'Burb, i came across this, the 4th thing that came up on Google.

after clicking on it, and scratching my head i scrolled down the page to see where the reference to a Suburban was. hitting the page down button for the 3rd time, i was like, "hey that K5 looks an awful lot like..........". i quickly zipped back to the top of the page, saw the header for a Chevelle restoration, and then it hit me...............right there in the URL-was his last name!

who'd a thunk our "Wonder of Knowledge" was so "up there" on Google's list.

the power of never ceases to amaze!

Old 03-08-2010, 11:24 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

That's SIR Kyle you're referring to! Yea, his Chevelle restoration is great. Rekon he could teach Chip Foose & his mates a thing or two. LOL

Old 03-08-2010, 11:40 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kiwiblazer
That's SIR Kyle you're referring to! Yea, his Chevelle restoration is great. Rekon he could teach Chip Foose & his mates a thing or two. LOL
oh, i don't know about that, Chip & Troy really aren't into resto's. they're more into the moderization of Classic rides.

Old 03-08-2010, 11:43 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Give Kyle a chance! LOL After all he does it in his spare time.

Old 03-09-2010, 12:03 AM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
oh, i don't know about that, Chip & Troy really aren't into resto's. they're more into the moderization of Classic rides.
i knew that wouldn't come across right.

what i meant was, Kyle is going for a "restoration" of his Chevelle (from what i gather), while Chip & Troy bring the old classic's-be it muscle from the 60's/70's or a piece of American iron like the Grand Master (a '35 Chevy that Chip designed/built)-into the modern era, with styling cues based in the past & present. and they take great advantage of current technology to make everything more effecient & safe.

that being said, i'm still for the restoration of any vehicle, but if it's not a #'s matching, low production vehicle, then why not update it a little?

Old 03-09-2010, 06:15 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, that's my simplistic little work log. I haven't done much there in quite awhile. I have been working on a new theme for that as well as for my fire department webpage that I created (fayettefd.org). I like the theme on the FD's page a lot more, but still wish I could do things differently.

And I doubt I could teach Chip anything. That man is a god in the automobile customization world. I stopped working on my Chevelle because I knew I didn't have the necessary metal working skills to do the quality of work that I will require on that car. That was the reason for the K5 which now I am having too much fun driving around!

Old 03-09-2010, 07:18 AM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Yep, that's my simplistic little work log. I haven't done much there in quite awhile. I have been working on a new theme for that as well as for my fire department webpage that I created (fayettefd.org). I like the theme on the FD's page a lot more, but still wish I could do things differently.

And I doubt I could teach Chip anything. That man is a god in the automobile customization world. I stopped working on my Chevelle because I knew I didn't have the necessary metal working skills to do the quality of work that I will require on that car. That was the reason for the K5 which now I am having too much fun driving around!

isn't that way most projects turn out.

you pick up something neat to "practice" on, and before you know it, you've got yourself another project in the works.

Old 03-09-2010, 07:23 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I'm now trying to find a way to convince the guys downstairs that they need practice with the FARO-arm... And that they should scan in my K5 frame to do just that! LOL That would make it easier to design the F/R 4-link setup that I am contemplating for my 2nd frame! LMAO!!

Old 03-09-2010, 05:23 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Hey Kyle, this is completely random and off topic (I just thought of it though since you're speaking about your K5)....did you ever own an S series Blazer? I can't remember seeing your vehicle history anywhere...

Old 03-09-2010, 06:38 PM
Administrator

Sure did. 2000 Bravada:

Had an '85 S10 4x4 extended cab pickup a few vehicles before that as well.

Quick Reply: i found Kyle!