Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

i love the 4.3 v-6 but i didnt think they had this much torque and power

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 10:32 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Can we stop the "My Dad can beat up your Dad" nonsense? Anybody can beat anybody over the internet, so it's pointless.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:22 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by rriddle3
Can we stop the "My Dad can beat up your Dad" nonsense? Anybody can beat anybody over the internet, so it's pointless.

Indeed I see this thread going no where.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:00 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
Indeed I see this thread going no where.
That was the point exactly of the stupid response I gave.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:56 PM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

I want to know what the 3:73 or was it 3:31 did to your trans behavior Before the reprogram. Or is it OBD1?

Last edited by LeWhite; 03-04-2013 at 09:03 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:34 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Those numbers are reffering to the gear ratio of the rear axle. 3.73 turns of the driveshaft for 1 rotation of the rear axle. The higher the number the tourqier the truck would be. When you make your tires larger, you want to have a higher gear ratio to keep the truck shifting at the same speeds it did before. Imagine bicycle chains front sprocket - the small one has maybe 20 teeth, and the large one has 40, so the smaller sprocket would give you more torque for climbing hills, and the larger gear would give you a higher top speed. Nomasayin;?

Old 03-04-2013, 11:10 PM
Beginning Member
charlesandstacey is an unknown quantity at this point

its OBD2 and with the 3.73 did nothing to the trans now waiting for my hypo tech programmer

Old 03-05-2013, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by ohsofly
Those numbers are reffering to the gear ratio of the rear axle. 3.73 turns of the driveshaft for 1 rotation of the rear axle. The higher the number the tourqier the truck would be. When you make your tires larger, you want to have a higher gear ratio to keep the truck shifting at the same speeds it did before. Imagine bicycle chains front sprocket - the small one has maybe 20 teeth, and the large one has 40, so the smaller sprocket would give you more torque for climbing hills, and the larger gear would give you a higher top speed. Nomasayin;?
Thank you for your explanation Ohsofly but it indicates you didnt read my post correctly.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:07 AM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

While gear ratio number maybe higher it actualy lowers the gear ratio.The lower the gear ratio the more revolutions of the axel to the driveshaft.
273 gears would be a high gear ratio or in my case 3.08.4.11`s or 456`s would be and extremely low gear ratio.Vehicle using these gear ratios would take off extremely fast but would run out of topend speed rather quick.A truck with a 3.42 or 373 gears would be ideal.Better take off,pulling power less work and strain on the engine and trans better fuel economy.

Last edited by 1sttimejimmyowner; 03-06-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:48 PM
roypai is on a distinguished road

3.08 should give the best fuel economy when cruising since the engine moves 4.3L of air/fuel fewer times per minute, no?

Old 03-08-2013, 06:26 PM

I would say NO. In that no engine works at peak efficiency (or any near close) at all speeds. With a 3:08 one could have his foot deeper to pull the load at the speed desired thus using more litres per mile and thus more fuel. A 3:43 would turn more times but with less volumn per rev. The next poster with an opinion will have earned an A in thermo physics and calculus.

Quick Reply: i love the 4.3 v-6 but i didnt think they had this much torque and power