Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

I never understood

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 09:04 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about
Default I never understood

I never understood when some people take photos of their cars, or if I am out shooting a car show and someone is like "photoshop my license plate out"
What is the point.
Even if they ask me to photoshop it out when I am shooting a car show, 1, i wont, because the car show host is paying me, and 2, there really is NO point in it, at all.
So, what I want to know is, why.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Starting Member
zball94 is an unknown quantity at this point

Your license plate number is top secret! Nobody must ever see it. And if they do, I'm sure you know what must happen to them...

Old 11-12-2012, 10:02 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by zball94
Your license plate number is top secret! Nobody must ever see it. And if they do, I'm sure you know what must happen to them...
LMFAO that is pretty much what some people act like if I am at a show shooting
"dont take a picture of my car unless you promise to blur the license plate"
I tell them "oh definitely, i dont do it any other way" Just so they do not keep on going.
but really, who the hell cares, 100's of people see your license plate every day while you drive. No difference.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:12 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

People don't want others stealing their super-awesome novelty plates ideas.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:50 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

I always hear the "oh if someone is a the friend of a cop they can look your license plate up and find where you live" i dont get it either...

Old 11-12-2012, 10:55 PM
BF Veteran

LOL Thogert

and 97cherryblazer, I have heard that one too, I just laugh at them and tell them, in all the years I have been photographing cars, and putting previews of the images up online, not once has anyone ever had a problem.
I wanted to see other peoples opinions on this, and it looks like I am not alone.

Another thing, kinda related, is I have been out street shooting (sell those images to select few people as well)
and I have come across a nice car and started to shoot it and the owner comes up to me and tells me not to take photos of their car.. I think that is pretty funny.
I tell them A. Its public property where I am shooting from, So I can take a photo of anything that I please, and B. if you did not want that attention, Drive a geo metro, not something that will grab it.

Old 11-13-2012, 01:29 AM
Starting Member
Antbankz is on a distinguished road

cuz someone can see u in a background pic with ur balzer and gets super horny and searches the plate# in the pic associated with you find you and raped you!!!!!
theres just no telling how many people you may have gotten raped already richphotos! for gods sake blur the plates!!!

Old 11-13-2012, 08:08 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Yeah I have always wondered this myself!! I really just don't understand at all I drive down the road everyday and pass 1000's of cars that can all see my plate so what makes any of them want to rape me any less than anyone else online lol!! And just to show I don't care (that and I love me plate) not to mention its already on this forum somewhere.
Name:  IMAG1085.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  133.2 KB

Old 11-13-2012, 11:45 AM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

I don't understand it either.

You don't have to be a friend of a cop, $10 and a trip to the dmv and they will tell you who the plate belongs to.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:04 PM
Starting Member
nunya is on a distinguished road

People are just paranoid. It's in the public eye 24/7, you don't want people to see your plate then park in a garage and walk everywhere...

Quick Reply: I never understood