Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

If somebodies broke down...

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 05:44 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default If somebodies broke down...

Hey, I was just wondering about this now as I had just tried to help a new friend and they said they were fine and didn't needed help.

How often do you stop and help somebody if their a stranger? And how often do they say they are fine? What about a friend? (Hopefully everybody helps the friend every time or near that lol)

Old 10-19-2011, 06:06 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

I tend to stop by a few cars on the road if they have the hood open or flat tire. Most of the time they say they are fine. or already have a friend coming.

Thing is the world is getting so screwed up a few weeks ago there was a story on the news a guy stopped to help someone and the person that was "broken down" beat the man up with a hammer. SERIOUSLY people cmon!

Old 10-19-2011, 07:01 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

There must be an easier way to beat somebody up with a hammer. It seems like alot of trouble to assault someone.

Old 10-19-2011, 08:34 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

I'll help out a friend at the drop of a hat, no questions asked.

I will help out a stranger providing I know they need the help. By this I mean if they are waving their arms trying to get anyone to stop, or something along those lines. Now, out in the middle of nowhere, I'll stop and offer help.

I've been on the side of the road and have had a few folks pull over asking if I needed help. I've been the one that would thank them and let them know I had it under control or that I had help coming.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:24 PM
Little Roober is on a distinguished road

There was a lady and her daughter with a flat at the corner diner a few weeks ago and I stopped to see if they needed a hand. They said AAA was supposed to be there an hour ago and they couldn't even get the spare off the back of their jeep liberty. So I did all but put on the new tire when the dude shows up. But as I was leaving she tried to hook me up with her daughter.

In short I guess...If it's not a dude with a hammer and I'm not late for something I'll stop to help. I mean...obviously we all like workin on cars anyway, right?

Old 10-19-2011, 09:24 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Couple times I stopped to help people - once was a exterminator in a pick up, he was blocking traffic & I offered to pull him to a side street off a main drag. All went well & he was happy as hell because he was upset at the annoyed people driving by, felt guilty.

Another was a blazer! They were hood up at a cross section but out of the way. I just HAD to drive around, toss the 4 ways on, get out & ask what's the matter.
She said it just died, she started through the intersection & POOF it died.
They had been trying to start it for a while by the time I got back to them so I asked her to turn the key to run but not start & got down under the rear of the blazer.
She turned the key & nothing! No fuel pump hum I hear in the cab or anything. I hit the tank a couple times & it doesn't start so I tell her to get the fuel pump checked, fuse, wires etc.
LMAO she asked me if I was a mechanic - NO I'm a blazer owner!!!
She had a tow truck on the way already but it was funny for sure.
Another was a car on the roadside with a retired looking couple & the hood up. Long story short he was a good samaritan as was I & he was trying to help this woman.
An hour later in near 100F heat it turns out her idler pully toasted the spring & we rigged it up (block of wood I found in a ditch) so she could drive home. I gave her the card of the garage I deal with & told her to tell them who sent them. (I'm their "coffee bitch" lol I always bring coffee when I go there to chit chat or get work done)
Another was a van in another intersection with 1 guy trying to push it up an incline with the woman steering it. Tom pulls around & offers to pull them to a parking lot much to their surprise.
No big deal really... just being nice, perhaps showing off a little & wishing that other people with the means to help others would do so if not for the unlucky ones & being personable/nice, just get them off the road so others can drive home!!!

It doesn't hurt to ask if someone would like a hand - just stay in the vehicle so you can drive off, circle around & run the **** over if they come at you with a hammer!

Last edited by Rottidog; 10-19-2011 at 09:34 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:50 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by chris015
Thing is the world is getting so screwed up a few weeks ago there was a story on the news a guy stopped to help someone and the person that was "broken down" beat the man up with a hammer. SERIOUSLY people cmon!
Really..? wow.. "hey do you need help?" "no but sense you asked im gonna do work on you with a hammer" i mean really? how cracked do you have to be.

lol i liked the running the person over idea. come at me with a weapon when i ask if you need help.. guess who's face my truck is gunna be flexin on after that..

Old 10-20-2011, 02:44 PM
Starting Member
grizzstang is on a distinguished road

I will stop and ask them if they need me to call someone if they are standing there stunned or have a panicked look on their face. I have helped push dead vehicles out of traffic and changed a few tires for people that did not know how or were not capable (girls or seniors). I must admit that as my city gets larger and more dangerous I do this less and less.

Old 10-20-2011, 04:18 PM
Starting Member
mattjphoto is on a distinguished road

I feel bad driving past people that are broke down but to many people killed for trying to be nice. There was a story on the news a few months back where a very attractive female would wave me down. When they stopped guys would jump out of the car and rob them.

Old 10-20-2011, 05:58 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

I stop for the obvious ones. Like 3 weeks ago we were driving home from visiting my dad. The car in front of us swerved way left and there was a friggin dead deer in the middle of the road, and about 50 yards up the road was a car with one headlight flashing away. So of course I told the hubby to turn around, turns out it was a single mom with a brand new baby girl with no phone. So the hubby called the police and I check the car out to make sure it wasn't leaking important fluids because it was cold out and she needed to keep the heat on in the car.

And a week later the hubby got a job! So Karma can be awesome when its not a bitch. lol

Quick Reply: If somebodies broke down...