Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

I'm a big wuss/chicken

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 02:38 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough
Default I'm a big wuss/chicken

Well this morning I had to have 6 teeth removed , it was horrible . Now I remember why I'm so afraid of the dentist , and I left with no pain killers . I'm supposed to go back and get 2 fillings and one more tooth removed and then a partial made for me , but I'm not so sure I'll be able to build enough courage to go back . I'm such a coward when it comes to doctors , but my teeth were making me sick so I had no choice today . But I do want my smile back , and clean teeth have a lot to do with your health , and mine has not been good lately . I did not want to go today but I figured I might as well get it done and over with , after they gave me the Novocaine and were waiting for it to work I started shaking like crazy , I used to always say I not scared of nothing , and I wasn't scared , I was petrified , I wanted to get up and run for the hills . I didn't even feel the teeth coming out and the dentist did a great job , but I guess the needles are the main thing I don't like .

Old 05-31-2012, 05:38 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Last time i had 2 teeth pulled i had my brother take me,I was scared ****less too.
Funny thing is im a wuss with that,BUT when i crushed my toe and a chunk of toenail was hanging off i reached down and pulled it off while the prissy little nurse watched. She ran out the room and puked.

How the hell can a prissy lil blonde nurse get a job giving us stitches when they cant even tolerate it...

Old 05-31-2012, 10:32 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

First, tooth paste and tooth brush...lol

The only part of the dentist I hate is the sound of the drill and the smell of my teeth when turned into powder. I never had the choice of going to see the dentist for most of my adult life, as the Navy makes you do it once a year.

Though, at the ripe young age of 48 I'm proud to say I have every tooth I'm supposed to have. Well, aside from a couple of wisdom teeth. That was fun as there were a couple of dental techs in training amazed at the amount of blood and just how white the jaw bone actually is....lol

Old 05-31-2012, 11:50 PM
May One is on a distinguished road

I dont know one person that likes the dentist, unless its just a simple cleaning. Ive never had a tooth pulled but Ive had fillings put in. Didnt care for it at all lets just say...

Old 05-31-2012, 11:52 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

who loves the dentist man ...

if you love the dentist or doctors your uhh how can i put it ... nvm lol

Old 06-01-2012, 01:15 AM
50lb_cat will become famous soon enough

Well here is my story. About 2 years ago I was pulling on a 4ft breaker bar at work when the pot metal vise handle broke. I wound up eating the breaker bar. Knocked me on my ***, I stood up spit out a bunch of blood and broken teeth. They took me to the ER where I got 12 stiches in my upper lip. They als wanted to pull out the remains of 6 broken teeth. I called my wife who is a dental tech she said hell no. I met the wife leaving the ER, and went to her work. Her boss was able to save 2 of them but the rest had to be removed. I still had to do root canals and crowns on the 2 he saved because he was worried about nerve damage. So about an 2 hours in the ER and almost 3 at the dentist I was almost in tears by the end of the day.

My work paid for my new smile, a partial, that took a long time to get used to. So I wish you the best of luck, hopefully you don't have to go right back to work because I did since I'm the supervisor. Off course all the guys gave me a hard time since I'm origionally from Missouri, they said my south was showin lol.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:59 AM
Starting Member
tripovermyego is on a distinguished road

Ive had 6 teeth pulled and who knows how many root canals. The 6 teeth Im missing was all done at one time. I was still in the Army when mine was done. She told me that I wasnt allowed to smoke for 2 weeks. My exwife met me at the hospital door and as soon as I got inside the car, I lit up one! Also, I went back to work 2 days later for a 7 mile run! lmao. I LOVED the pain pills! lol

Old 06-01-2012, 11:18 AM
AuSSenseiter is on a distinguished road

OK, I'll chime in with my story. A few years ago I had an impacted wisdom tooth (the tooth was growing sideways and pushing on the other teeth) which required a deep bone extraction. When I was scheduled to go for the operation my ride went out for a smoke break so they didnt want to do anything for me. I said screw that, lets just do the operation w/o pain killers. So while I was perfectly awake they went after me with the knife and I felt EVERYTHING. In a twisted way, it was kinda fun! Though they told me to shut up several times because while they had the knife in my mouth I was cussing up a blue streak.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:57 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

I had 3 of 4 wisdom teeth removed 6 months ago. I toughed it out cause the dentist and her apprentice were cute... Hurt like hell, she had to cut my gums and dig em out. I should have taken the numbing needles... The 4th tooth was too deep and looked like the roots go into my skull cavity, its not causing trouble so she didnt want to yank it cause an infection would be against my brain.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:10 PM
4x4blazerguy is on a distinguished road

Did you tell the doctor of your fear???? Man I tell my doctor. The days of me being a tough guy are over. Give me drugs/gas whatever. I had eye surgery & the first eye in pre-op were messing with my eye doing whatever they needed to to get the job done. When I went back to the doctor before the other eye was to be done & I told her how it bothered me. Well the next surgery I was out like a light before that crap started. So communication with your doctors & nurses goes a long way. If not find another doctor.

Quick Reply: I'm a big wuss/chicken