Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

i'm not alone!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 01:34 AM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

You might be rich if you would of!

Old 02-02-2011, 09:35 AM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

you could market it and make HUNDREDS!. lol

Old 02-02-2011, 11:21 AM
Starting Member
JTalley is on a distinguished road

More like hundreds of thousands. That really would sell pretty good if you could get a good pitch. I'm thinking eBay would be a good place to start. Just wait for me to finish mine before you patent it!

Old 02-04-2011, 09:42 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

yeah, but would you guys pay the shipping charges on it?

remember, mine weighs in @ 128 pounds.

Old 02-04-2011, 09:57 PM
Starting Member

Looks like somebody already beat you... Sure, yours is better, but they apparently have the patent...
http://www.uhaul.com/MovingSupplies/...ersion?id=7022
I was just on U-Haul's website figuring out what I'll need for the move and I stumbled across this.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:47 PM

OH they even have rubber in it for compression dampening, oooh la la.......
as for moving i dont know what its like in the states, but im moving out west for the summer, a 2400 km trip would run me about 400 bucks for a 7 day rental of a 5x10 trailer....so i went and bought one for 2300, i can sell it a year later for 2000 EASY......resale of them here is super easy, and im moving back at the end of the summer so that wouldve been 800 bucks..i could easily sell the trailer for 800 less than i paid for it and i have it for the whole summer.......Just a thought, if you got the cash it might be cheaper, depending on how far of a drive and etc though!

Old 02-04-2011, 10:56 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JTalley
Looks like somebody already beat you... Sure, yours is better, but they apparently have the patent...
http://www.uhaul.com/MovingSupplies/...ersion?id=7022
I was just on U-Haul's website figuring out what I'll need for the move and I stumbled across this.
bah, that's not gonna do much if the person swerves a bit, or comes from the side.

and that's why i made the interchangable ***** for it. it's more functional.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
bah, that's not gonna do much if the person swerves a bit, or comes from the side.

and that's why i made the interchangable ***** for it. it's more functional.
I wonder how the longer one would hold in a crash test, but i guess they would probably protect about the same and break in similar severity of crashes, only problem with the longer one and swerving i could see is the extra leverage on the hitch, either breaking the weld on the badass bumper, or twisting the hitch or worse the frame, but i suppose you would need a pretty strong hit for that to happen

Old 02-05-2011, 12:25 AM
Starting Member

I'm thinking about getting a spring for mine and putting it in place somehow. That way it could roll with the force slightly, but still save me a lot of money in terms of damage. I figure that way it won't damage the frame. I haven't got the spring yet though. Right now I'm just worried about getting mine finished so I can take it home from the ag shop, then I can worry about the spring later.

I think that you could put some kind of spring in the bar that goes into the hitch, that way it could compress, then have a swivel joint out on the end with two springs that go to a point just ahead of the first spring. That way it can go in slightly, then twist as well.

Old 02-05-2011, 12:41 AM
UberFail is on a distinguished road

just fab up a weak point in the receiver to bumper area so that you have solid tubing going into your receiver, weak point to allow for bend/break that absorbs the better part of the damage and can be easily replaced - you could weld on, OR better yet BOLT on angle iron around/in the tubing with like a 2 inch gap between tubing for flex or absorbing the impact - BAMF bumper setup.

sure if u get smacked its gonna damage the BAMF or maybe some other parts BUT the better part of the actual crash would likely be absorbed by the setup in minor fender benders since yanno this is really what they're meant to help with. Lets be serious if ur stopped and someone nails you at 35mph/60kph its gonna do serious damage in any situation regardless if u have a BAMF bumper on it or not. Also if the thing falls off during a fender bender least it did its job lol! plus if u did the bolt situation you could keep 4 replacement pieces pre drilled and required hardware right in the truck.