Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Instead of just passing laws we should incorporate this into learning

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 05:17 PM
Silver00LT is on a distinguished road
Default Instead of just passing laws we should incorporate this into learning

Drivers Ed. We were shown the rights. But we were never shown videos of what happens when the wrong is in play.

More and more people text today and drive than ever before. I use to be bad at it and forced myself to stop. Even though I maintained speed and did not swerve. That 10th of a second I took to look at my screen could mean the death of me, my boys and/or someone else.

I think they should show these videos along with real life photographs of accidents. Not to scare the crap out of today's youth just to show them the consequences of their decision.

What today's youth is like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDlYS...1&feature=fvwp BTW- Go Dr. Phil! She had NOTHING to say to his sentence.

What NEEDS to be SHOWN to our 15+ drivers...even before then.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU5Jmgw_Sns
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8QxZ...eature=related

Old 10-03-2010, 06:20 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Silver.... i don't like you anymore haha... i know too many people who have been hit, died, or lost someone to stupidity like this. i agree with you completely though and my driver's training instructor showed us videos like these when i was 15 so i take it seriously

Old 10-03-2010, 07:34 PM
Silver00LT is on a distinguished road

The snapshot youtube has of that teenage girl text and driving makes me want to slap her. She has that I'm better than anyone look on her face. And man I need photoshop again so I can get to work on my sig.

Old 10-03-2010, 07:49 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

During my high school we actually had to attend a "drunk driving accident" where we were basically driven to the campus parking lot of a college and there were two cars smashed and F'ed up and people inside...... and one slowly "woke up" and looked around and called the cops, and real firefighters and cops showed up to the scene and it felt real....

it was both training exercise as well as an eye opening "play" if you will

Old 10-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Logan is on a distinguished road

$350 fine here for the following while driving:
texting
talking on cell without hands free device
eating
using gps
drinking any beverage
and anything else that will cause you to become distracted.

Old 10-03-2010, 07:50 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Logan
$350 fine here for the following while driving:
texting
talking on cell without hands free device
eating
using gps
drinking any beverage
and anything else that will cause you to become distracted.
Fines are stupid... They should revoke licenses..... Who cares about money... that $350 ticket wont scare anyone as much as losing their license... and they say.. .Life is priceless..... Just saying

Old 10-03-2010, 08:18 PM
Logan is on a distinguished road

Im with ya on that...but they will never do that...

Old 10-04-2010, 01:34 PM
Starting Member
BresBlazy will become famous soon enough

they dont care about people....they care about money. thats all its ever been.

Old 10-04-2010, 02:25 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Just last week I had some chick put my hitch receiver through her front bumper on her corolla... I heard the crunch, but it didn't do any damage except for scratching the receiver. I got out to go make sure and she was on the phone when she got out and continuing on her conversation... I looked at her and FLIPPED... "You dumb *insert derogatory word that's not bitch* GTF off your phone when you're driving." I grabbed her blackberry and through it as far as I could. got in the truck and drove off. Havn't heard anything from anybody yet but I hope that's one less person who'll have a phone up her *** when she's driving.

Old 10-04-2010, 03:37 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by oktain
Just last week I had some chick put my hitch receiver through her front bumper on her corolla... I heard the crunch, but it didn't do any damage except for scratching the receiver. I got out to go make sure and she was on the phone when she got out and continuing on her conversation... I looked at her and FLIPPED... "You dumb *insert derogatory word that's not bitch* GTF off your phone when you're driving." I grabbed her blackberry and through it as far as I could. got in the truck and drove off. Havn't heard anything from anybody yet but I hope that's one less person who'll have a phone up her *** when she's driving.
Shouldve kept it and joined the bbm group....

Nah, man, if you seriously did that

I hate to say it, but I carry an axe in the back 100% of the time, and if anyone were to hit my baby.... The other car would def. look worse.

Seriously though, bet she learned her lesson

Quick Reply: Instead of just passing laws we should incorporate this into learning