Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Interview Tips?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 07:54 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about
Default Interview Tips?

Anyone have interview tips?

I have had two thus far, and got along pretty well and had all smiles and positive comments and felt very good after, left no question unanswered and even made connections to my hometown to both interviewers....

I heard back from one and it seems that the interview did not go as well as I HAD THOUGHT, but the other one, I should be finding out tomorrow,

I was wondering does anyone have any tips?

Old 09-28-2010, 08:27 PM
Logan is on a distinguished road

I just be myself. I tell them, treat me with respect and ill give it my all. Ive gotten every job that ive been interviewed for except one. And for that one, how the hell I made it to the second interview is beyond me.

Old 09-29-2010, 02:14 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Find out as much about the company as you can before the interview. Depending on the type of business, (best about any news item or advertising campaign or even that you've seen their operation) make some positive comment about it (wait for the appropriate moment - they usually give one) - that helps. Shows you're interested in the company & serious about the job. Also, if it's local, check them out so that you're familiar with the "who, what & where" about them. Be carefull not to overdo it though.

Old 09-29-2010, 04:00 PM
Starting Member
BresBlazy will become famous soon enough

Yes, I was going to say, look them up, check out websites, what they do, company history...blah blah blah....I have that 5 year plan question...never have a good one for that.

Im not good at bull ****ting people so I am usually brutally honest....some times they like that sometimes NOT LOL.

I think what really helps is if you make sure they know how interested you are. IE call backs, thank you e-mails all that.

Old 09-29-2010, 04:27 PM
MrTwister is on a distinguished road

yeah do your homework, know what the position entails, research the company, ect. Look the interviewer in the eye. Speak confidently, be enthusiastic, and don't bull**** them..

Old 09-29-2010, 05:04 PM
Beginning Member
v8colorado is on a distinguished road

make sure you sell yourself,positive, upbeat but not hyper, and relax be yourself.

Old 10-06-2010, 03:22 PM
BrutalSlide is on a distinguished road

Having only had two job interviews and getting both job, all I can say is, be yourself, act interested, research the company and come prepared with questions. If you're a good fit for the job and you nail the interview theres a good chance you'll get the job.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:48 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Be friendly, be polite, don't go in looking scruffy. I'd consider being clean shaven for an interview with some geled up hair, don't go looking like a douchebag with a popped collar or anything, but maybe a nice polo or dress shirt with some black khaki's and nice shoes.. black socks, nice watch (doesn't have ot be rolex, go to wally world and get an all-metal band one)

Be yourself, don't joke around unless it seems appropriate. If the interviewer is serious then you should be too. Keep a smile on your face, or at least don't look miserable.

Keep your hands out of your pocket, don't cross your arms...

Don't fart in the office either, that's usually a "Don't call us, we'll call you" moment lmfao. If you get a chance to mention something that hasn't been asked of you like "I also have experience in such and such field which could be useful in the future."

At least pretend to be interested in the company, even if you know you'll be working somewhere else in a year you want the job right?

Hope that helps.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:54 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by oktain
Be friendly, be polite, don't go in looking scruffy. I'd consider being clean shaven for an interview with some geled up hair, don't go looking like a douchebag with a popped collar or anything, but maybe a nice polo or dress shirt with some black khaki's and nice shoes.. black socks, nice watch (doesn't have ot be rolex, go to wally world and get an all-metal band one)

Be yourself, don't joke around unless it seems appropriate. If the interviewer is serious then you should be too. Keep a smile on your face, or at least don't look miserable.

Keep your hands out of your pocket, don't cross your arms...

Don't fart in the office either, that's usually a "Don't call us, we'll call you" moment lmfao. If you get a chance to mention something that hasn't been asked of you like "I also have experience in such and such field which could be useful in the future."

At least pretend to be interested in the company, even if you know you'll be working somewhere else in a year you want the job right?

Hope that helps.
I just got accepted for an interview with Cat next week... Looking like...

Almost clean shaven, Full suit+tie.....
And researching them heavily on my days off.... Would be fun...

Old 10-07-2010, 03:54 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Good luck mate. I know what it's like looking for a new job. The longer you're out of work the tougher it get's. Just gotta hang in there & be positive. Hope it works out.

Quick Reply: Interview Tips?