Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

June 23rds earthquake

Old 06-23-2010, 06:20 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about
Default June 23rds earthquake

So who experienced the mag. 5.0 earthquake in the north eastern states & eastern central Canada?
I heard Ontario, Quebec, New York, Michigan even down to Ohio felt it.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:42 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Heard about this on the news. Its crazy all the areas that are getting hit with earthquakes.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:48 PM
BF Veteran

yeah NS, for Canada to have anything more than a light rumble is odd from what I've seen. But now looking at the news & the fault lines along the St Laurence etc... kinda makes you wonder about Dec. 21, 2012 Nostradamus etc lol
just googled that... we have 911 days, 17hours, 22 minutes & 40 seconds
better get them builds done QUICK!

Old 06-23-2010, 08:07 PM
Dabber is an unknown quantity at this point

We felt it pretty good here!! Just enough to knock some things off the shelves though.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:14 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

my Mother-in-law said she felt like she was gonna fall off the s**ter. even the bathroom door was swinging a bit.

my wife said her office tower (downtown T.O) was swaying quite a bit (knocked some files off her filing cabinet).

me...........i'm in a custom machine shop...............couldn't feel anything through the floor with all the machines running.

Old 06-23-2010, 11:14 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
my Mother-in-law said she felt like she was gonna fall off the s**ter. even the bathroom door was swinging a bit.

my wife said her office tower (downtown T.O) was swaying quite a bit (knocked some files off her filing cabinet).

me...........i'm in a custom machine shop...............couldn't feel anything through the floor with all the machines running.
wow, that's scarey yet cool at the same time, I mean its amazing the power something that has a epicenter just N of ottawa is felt so far around
& scarey that she was about to fall off the "throne" lol...
I'd love to experience 1 like that, no California style ones for me thanks but a mediocre 5.0, that'd be a rush!

Old 06-24-2010, 02:52 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

I live in NY and didn't feel a thing, so it must have been the northern areas that felt it.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:58 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

I didnt hear anything about an Earthquake. Where was the epi-center?

Old 06-25-2010, 07:51 AM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Where my dad works (PA, 15 minutes away) felt it. Some buildings have stress cracks. Geeze, it's a long way to canada amazing how it did that much damage.

Old 06-25-2010, 08:53 AM
SmokeDogg is an unknown quantity at this point

i live like a mile from lake erie and we didnt feel a thing here< but ten miles west my mother inlaw felt it at her house

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: June 23rds earthquake